xiii. pulse rising

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔐𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔬𝔯)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          "OKAY," STILES DROPPED HIS LACROSSE BAG AND NET ON THE BENCH AS HE sat down. He held out a black strap with a small monitor attached to Scott. "...put this on."

Scott grabbed it as he studied. "Isn't this one of the heart rate monitors for the track team?" 

"Yeah," Stiles confirmed. "I borrowed it."

"You mean you stole it," Gracie corrected him, looking over Scott's shoulder at the monitor.

"Temporarily misappropriated," Stiles insisted. "Coach uses it to monitor his heart rate with his phone while he jogs. You're gonna wear it for the rest of the day." 

"Is that Coach's phone too, Stiles?"  Scott asked when the Stilinski boy pulled out a phone that wasn't his own. 

"That, I stole."

"Why?" Gracie asked.

"All right, well, Scott's heart rate goes up when he shifts, right? When you're playing lacrosse, when you're with Allison, whenever you get angry. Maybe learning to control it is tied to learning to control your heart rate." 

"Like the Incredible Hulk," Scott grinned, looking down at the monitor in his hands. 

Stiles shrugged. "Kind of like the Incredible Hulk, yeah." 

"No, I'm like the Incredible Hulk," Scott insisted. 

"Would you shut up and put the stupid strap on?" 

"Fine," Scott grumbled, hiking up his shirt to put the heart monitor around his torso. "This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend my free period." 

Once Scott had the strap placed around him correctly, Stiles wrapped up his wrists with duct tape behind his back -- for what reason?

Gracie didn't know.

Stiles walked across the field where Gracie was standing with the bag of lacrosse balls, his net held firmly in his hands. 

"All right, you ready?" he called to his best friend. 

"No." 

"Remember, don't get angry," Stiles reminded him. "Gracie, the monitor, please." 

Reluctantly, Gracie opened up the monitor app on Coach's phone, starting to think this might not be a great idea when it became obvious what Stiles was doing.