xi. throw away the plan

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

GRACIE SAT AT A PICNIC TABLE JUST OUTSIDE OF THE CAMPGROUND part of the preserve, her hands clasped and her eyes closed. She listened carefully to hear if Cora or Boyd was close, while Scott split away from her and Derek to search in the other parts of the preserve.

Cora had already tried to terrorize the drive-in if Derek hadn't stepped in but unfortunately, she ran off before he could catch her.

Apparently, she was much faster than Derek when she went without feeling the full moon for three full months.

"Scott?"

"Hey," Scott greeted. Gracie could hear him panting over the phone. "I lost Boyd."

"You lost him?" Derek asked, disappointed.

"Yeah, I kind of had to."

"That wasn't exactly the plan."

"I know, which is why I think that we should stick together," Scott stated. "Trust me, he's too strong, too fast, and way too angry for one person to handle. We've got to do this together."

"Scott, we're at the edge of the preserve campground," Gracie spoke up, exchanging a look with Derek. "Can you meet us here?"

"Yeah," Scott confirmed. "I just got to drop something off first."

Gracie furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"I'll fill you in later. See ya soon."

Gracie ended the call and locked her phone, setting it on the table before looking up at Derek. "This is a nightmare."

"No kidding..."

───────────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ─────────────

          "ARE YOU SURE?" GRACIE ASKED IN DISBELIEF.

Apparently, on her way to the pharmacy, Lydia had drive to the school. That's where she found a body. The boy had already been killed by the time she got there.

Standing by the pool with Lydia, Stiles rolled his eyes as he inched closer to the body so he could check it out for himself. "Yep, throat ripped out, blood everywhere. It's like the freakin' Shining over here. If two little twin girls come out of the woods and start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised."