xii. affected

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝒂𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔐𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔬𝔯)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          LETS JUST SAY THE REST OF FRIDAY NIGHT WENT OFF THE RAILS. AFTER the parent-teacher conferences, a mountain lion attacked the school when it showed up at the parking lot. After ditching Stiles' calls to play hooky with Allison, he was less than thrilled with Scott, especially since his father got hit by car.

For Gracie, it took awhile for things to back to normal. When the weekend had Monday finally came as the sun rose and her alarm clock went off, Gracie got ready for school, finally feeling ready to get back into the swing of things.

Looking in a mirror, Gracie smiled at her reflection. She was wearing a a purple t-shirt and a white long-sleeve undershirt with a pair of jeans, which was accompanied with a pair of white sneakers. Staring at herself, she finally recognized who she was -- she finally felt like herself.

When Derek had dropped her off and she headed to her first class, Gracie managed to ignore all the looks from everyone as her eyes scanned through the room. She figured everyone would have forgotten all about the attack, but she was wrong. She was sure when she walked through the door the whole world stopped as everyone just stared her down.

Stiles was sitting at his desk ready to work when the Hale girl walked in. He glanced up, thinking it was Scott when Gracie sat in his friend's seat.

"Are you okay?" She asked before he could say anything. She had been worried about him. But She knew from the text messages she received from Stiles that Sheriff Stilinski was okay, earning only a couple of bruises. "Feeling any better?"

"You mean am I still seething with impotent rage at my best friend?" Stiles asked bitterly. "Then no. I'm not feeling any better." 

Gracie nodded, giving him a sympathetic look. She understood why he was mad at Scott, but then again it wasn't all Scott's fault. "Okay. Well, have you talked to him?" 

"No."

"It's been three days. Have you had any contact at all?" she prodded. "Did you text him--?" 

"--No, no," Stiles interrupted her, pointing at her. "You can't take his side, okay? I need someone on my side."

Gracie held up her hands in defense. "I'm not on anyone's side." 

"You were going to say that it wasn't Scott's fault."