xii. give and take

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"ALL RIGHT," ARGENT TURNED BACK TO THE OVERLOOK. "THE PROBLEM IS when they breach the woods and hit the residential area. Once they're past the high school, they're right in the middle of Beacon Hills."

"They're not going to kill anyone they see, are they?" Scott spoke up hesitantly. 

"No but there is an important difference to recognize," Argent answered him. "Wolves hunt for food. At a certain point, they get full. Boyd and Cora are hunting for the pleasure of the kill, for some primal apex predatory satisfaction that comes from the ripping of warm bodies to bloody shreds. And who knows when that need gets satiated?"

"We can't kill them," Scott declared.

"What if we can't catch them?" Derek countered reluctantly. 

"Then maybe we just need to contain them," Argent offered thoughtfully. "There's no one in the school at night, is there?" 

Derek looked at him in surprise. "You want to trap them inside?" 

"If there's somewhere with a strong enough door, no windows, or access to the outside."

"What about the boiler room?" Isaac spoke up. "It's just one big steel door."

Argent paused for a moment before asking, "You're sure the school's empty?"

"It has to be," Scott confirmed. "There can't be anyone there this late, right?"

"All right," Gracie mused. "So if we do this, how are we going to lead them into the school?"

"I have something." 

Argent led them back to his SUV, where he opened the hatch and pulled out another duffle bag with hunting supplies. He took a large silver stake that had some kind of light and button on the top and stabbed it into the ground. 

"These are ultrasonic emitters. It's one of the tools we use to corral werewolves, pushing them into a direction we want them to run," Argent pressed the button at the top; there was a light squealing noise as the light flickered on. "It gives off a high-pitched frequency that only they can hear." 

There was a piercing ringing noise in that got a reaction from Derek, Scott, and Isaac. They were all bent forward, their hands smushed to their ears in attempt to block out the noise.