Chapter 12: Underestimation (Leaf Village)

(This is what happened when Sakura took off towards Amegakure.)

"Baa-chan! What's the meaning of this, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted  barging into Tsunade's office.

"Of what, Naruto?" Tsunade asked twitching at what Naruto called her. Naruto handed her the note that Sakura left.

Dear Naruto,

I might not be there by the time you wake up. Don't worry about me. I'll just be away for 5 years. I'm in safe hands, I promise.

Don't you dare look for me! I'm on 'vacation'. Please try not to ruin it. And try not to annoy Tsunade-shishou so much about this. She's the one you approved my request to go on this 5 year-vacation.

I'll miss you Naruto. Don't eat too much ramen. I shall return within 5 years. Sayonara.

Your Cherry blossom,
Sakura.

Tsunade's eyes widened at this. 'Very clever Sakura.' She thought. She looked at Naruto and said "Sakura needs a break. She requested this vacation so I approved it."

"What if something happend to her baa-chan! The Akatsuki is on the lose dattebayo!" Naruto said, wailing out his arms. "Sakura is a strong girl Naruto." Tsunade said calmly.

"She's not strong enough to beat a single member of the Akatsuki baa-chan!" Naruto said. Tsunade's eyes narrowed at this, she abruptly stood up and held Naruto by the collar.

"You don't know how strong Sakura is! I'm sure she can defeat the Akatsuki all at once all by herself! You're dismissed!" Tsunade said, glaring intensely at Naruto. She let go of Naruto. He bowed and ran out of the building.

Tsunade breathe in deeply to calm her nerves. 'Sakura was right. They were underestimating her.' Tsunade thought as she remembered Sakura confronting her about this.

Flashback...

"Why did you want me to train you, Sakura?" Tsunade asked as the 13 year old girl lied down on the ground panting from all the training.

"I've been underestimated all my life, Tsunade-shishou. Sasuke calls me weak. Kakashi-sensei shoves me in Sasuke and Naruto's shadow. Naruto always promises me that he'll protect me, as if telling me I can't protect myself. Now's the time to show them what a Haruno can do. Harunos may not be a power shinobi, a clan at that. But what makes us powerful is our perfect chakra control. Chakra control is the most essential thing a ninja must learn. So I'm going to use my talent to show everyone what a girl with pink hair can do." Sakura said with determination in her eyes. She stood up and began training again.

Tsunade looked at the girl. 'She's the true heiress of the will of fire.' Tsunade thought giving Sakura a pat on the head. "That's all for today, Sakura!" She said with a grin on her face.

"Remember, healing jutsu is like fire. It can create and fix when used in a right way. But it can destroy when used in the wrong way. You are dismissed." Tsunade said, dismissing the pinkette.

Sakura bowed and thanked her, running back to her house for dinner.

End of flashback...

Tsunade smiled at the memory. 'I hope she remembered what I said back then. She will be a powerful ninja  once she learned how to use her medic ninjustsu on battle field. I never did learn that. But I do hope she does.'

To Be Continued...

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I just want to say that I have made me some Ko-Fi page where you can tip me a "coffee" for my works! ☕️💖

It's just a small nook you can visit and support me on if you want to! I'm hoping to fill it with more stuff that's exclusively for the page so I can continue doing what I love doing (♡˙︶˙♡) Please stop by and leave a "coffee" for your sleep-deprived writer!💖

https://ko-fi.com/kaceabella

♡ ♡