Chapter 59: The Cherry Blossom's Death

Sakura's eyes turned green as she made her way towards Orochimaru. Orochimaru weakly stood up, smirking. He looked down, avoiding her gaze. Sakura gritted her teeth in annoyance. 'I need to finish this quickly.' Sakura thought. 'Cha! I have an idea but it's risky!' Inner shouted. 'Lay it on me inner!' Sakura said, mentally smirking.

"Return to your world, Yoru." Sakura ordered. "But Sakura-sama!" Yoru shouted, looking at Sakura with worry in his eyes. Sakura turned to Yoru and smiled. "Trust me on this, Yoru." She said. Yoru nodded and bowed, returning to his world.

Sakura quickly ran towards Orochimaru with her katana at hand. She took a quick glance at the Akatsuki and returned her gaze on Orochimaru. 'I promise I'll be back shortly, minna.' She thought, letting a tear fall.

She fiercely glared at Orochimaru as his hands turned to snakes. He gave a sickening smile as he plunged a snake through Sakura's heart. Sakura coughed up blood and smirked. "It's the e-end, snake b-b**tard!" She said.

Orochimaru gave her a questioning look. "What do you mea--!" He got cut off as Sakura's clone plunged her katana into his chest. Her katana turned to steel-like cherry blossoms, entering Orochimaru's body.

Orochimaru coughed up blood and fell down at Sakura's feet motionless. "F**ck! Sakura!" Hidan shouted, making everyone look at their cherry blossom. He finished of his enemy and ran towards Sakura.

Sakura fell back down, trying hard to stay awake. Everyone in the Akatsuki ran towards Sakura as they finished off the last one of their enemy, team Taka, Tsunade and Naruto no where in sight.

"Quickly bring her to Tsunade in the West gates!" Pein ordered, glaring Orochimaru's body as it turned to dust. Tobi picked Sakura up bridal style and teleported to Tsunade.

"Sakura!" Tsunade shouted as she spotted Tobi. "Tell me what happened!" She ordered. Tobi glared at her through his mask, his sharingan spinning dangerously. "Heal her." Tobi said in a lower tone of voice. Tsunade was taken aback atthis sudden change. She nodded and took Sakura from his arms and started running towards the hospital.

"Ready the ER!" Tsunade said, running towards the emergency room. "Leave us!" Tsunade ordered. Everyone left Tsunade to heal Sakura.

A few hours later...

Everyone crowded up in the waiting. Naruto, Tobi, Deidara, Hidan and Kisame are surprisingly silent. Tsunade entered the room sadness present in her eyes. Itachi's eyes widened and soon returned to his emotionless ones. "I'm sorry." She simply said, walking away. "W-w-wait!" Hinata said. "What do you mean you're sorry, Tsunade-sama?!" Tenten shouted.

Tsunade clenched her fists. "I meant what it meant." She said, as she continued walking away. "We're going back to the base in an hour." Pein stated. "But leader, un!" Deidara said. "The least we can do is to attended her death ceremony." Kakuzu said.

"The contract was that we will stay if Orochimaru is still alive. We will go if we accomplished killing him. In this situation, Sakura-chan did kill him." Konan said, looking down, shadow covering her eyes.

Everybody in the Akatsuki clenched their fists and gritted their teeth. An hour later, they started walking away with their packed things on their backs. Zetsu looked back as they exited the konoha gates. 'Something seems off.' He thought, but proceeded anyway. Unknown to them, a hooded girl is simply awaiting for their arrival under a tree.

To Be Continued...