Chapter 35: What A Real Family Means

"Oh! I just remembered tonight's my day, un!" Deidara said grinning. Sakura raised an eye brow at him. "Your day?" She asked.

"BWUAHAHAHA! I F**KING KNEW YOU WERE A GIRL!" Hidan shouted, causing Kakuzu to hit him over the head. Deidara glared at him and said "New year, un! It's where true art happens." "Hn. True art is eternal brat." Sasori said, grabbing a cup of water from the fridge. "No, un. It's a blast, danna, un." Deidara said, glaring at Sasori.

"You clearly don't know what art means, brat." Sasori said, also glaring at Deidara. "It's you who don't know what art means, danna, un." Deidara said.

Sakura smiled at them and said "Dinner is ready minna."

Back to Konaha...

'It's been a while since Sakura wrote a written report. What happened to her?! Has she been found out?!' Tsunade thought, drinking sake. "Shizune! Send anbus after Sakura!" Tsunade said.

"Why?" Shizune asked with wide eyes. "It's been a while since Sakura sent a mission report. It's either she betrayed the village or she's been found out." Tsunade said, intertwining her fingers.

"What would the reason be for Sakura to betray the village, Tsunade-sama?" Shizune asked. "She's been seen as weak her whole life. I won't be surprised if that brought Sakura to betray the village." Tsunade said, looking out the window.

Back in the Akatsuki base...

Everyone's laughing and eating dinner like how a family would. Sakura suddenly stopped laughing and turned serious. "Minna." She said. Everyone stopped what they were doing amd turned to her. "What is it blossom-chan?" Tobi asked.

Sakura lowered her head, shadows covering her eyes. "Minna." She said and clenched her fists under the table. "The real reason I joined the Akatsuki was because I had a mission to infiltrate the Akatsuki." She suddenly said, shutting her eyes tightly.

Everyone turned to Pein. He took out a kunai. Everyone's eyes widened except for Sakura. Everyone took out a kunai of their own and shielded Sakura from Pein.

"We won't let you touch her, Pein. Even if it means to sacrifice our life for her." Konan said. Sakura's eyes snapped open with tears present in her eyes. Pein gave everyone a rare smile. "How can I bring myself to kill the Cherry blossom that brought light to the Akatsuki? And I can see that you grew fond of her." Pein said. Everyone lowered their guards and grinned.

"I know you've found what a real family means here. I won't take that away from you." Pein said, still smiling. Sakura let her tears flow. Itachi knelt infront of Sakura and poked her forehead. "We won't f**king leave like what those sh**ty Konoha nins did." Hidan said grinning.

"Minna." Sakura said, she stood up and hugged them. "Daisuki minna." (Daisuki is a term of I love you in Japanese which is used for friends.) She said, letting her tears flow. 'Inner, I know what a real family means now.' 'And it's a surprise that you've found it here, shanaro!'

Timeskip: Midnight...

Everyone is outside, waiting for Deidara to finish preparing. Sakura finished preparing snacks a few minutes ago. "Art is a bang, un!" Deidara shouted, letting his clay explode in the clear midnight sky. Sakura looked up and saw "Welcome to the family, cherry blossom." She smiled at this. "Thank you." She whispered.

To Be Continued...