Chapter 39: Give Up? No, Not Now, Not Ever

Sakura approached Sasori, shadow covering her eyes. She took him by the collar with Itachi watching on guard. "Where did you bring Sasori, Kabuto?!" Sakura asked, glaring fiercely at him.

Sasori smirked and turned to Kabuto. "Very sharp, Sakura-chan." He said smirking. "WHERE THE F**K IS SASORI?!" Sakura shouted in anger, shaking him.

"Oh? Your puppet boy is somewhere in the hideout." Kabuto said, smirking. He disappeared within Sakura's grasp and reappeared a few feet away from her. Itachi, who is now fully clothed, threw a kunai at his way. "Well, ja ne, Sakura-chan." Kabuto said, smiling as he disappeared with puff of smoke before the kunai can hit him.

"Hn. How did you know that was Kabuto, blossom?" Itachi asked. Sakura clenched her fists and jaw. "I recognized his menacing chakra. It was the same thing I felt in the forest of death in our chunin exams. Sasori has a soothing chakra, far too different from Kabuto's." Sakura said.

Her eyes widened as she remembered what Kabuto said. "Weasel! We have to find Sasori!" Sakura said, in the verge of tears. There was a glint of pain in Itachi's eyes but he quickly returned to his emotionless self. "Hn. I'll give you a way to find hidden chakras. Meditate and spread a little part of your chakra throughout the area." Itachi said monotonously.

Sakura did as he said. A few minutes later, she sense a tad bit amount of chakra from under ground. Her eyes snapped open. She ran down stairs and punched the ground with a chakra filled punch. Sasori lied there motionless as the cloud of smoke dispersed.

Sakura quickly ran towards him and checked his pulse. A few seconds later, akatsuki members came rushing in the scene. "DANNA, UN!" Deidara said, running towards them as he spotted Sasori. "What the f**k happened to the wooden bastard?!" Hidan asked with wide eyes.

"Sakura-chan, he won't make it!" Konan said, checking Sasori's very faint pulse. "No. There's still a way." Sakura said, shadow covering her eyes. Sakura carried Sasori towards her clinic.

Sakura reached her clinic with the members hot on her trail. She lied Sasori down and ripped his shirt open. She pressed palm on where his heart is located and started pumping a lot of chakra throughout his body. "Please, wake up." Sakura said, tears threatening to fall.

A few minutes has passed and Sasori showed no sign of waking up. "Cherry, I think you should stop. You'll die if you continue." Kisame said, worry present in his eyes. Sakura fiercely shook her head and said "It's not enough. I won't give up!" Sakura pumped more chakra, tiredness is obvious in her face.

A few seconds later, Sakura stopped and fainted. Deidara caught Sakura. "Sakura, un!" Deidara said. "Sasori, please wake up." Sakura muttered weakly. Everybody's eyes softened at the sight of their blossom.

Zetsu emerged from the ground with a pill on hand. He made Sasori swallow the pill and said "He should wake up within thirty minutes, if he did not. Then the poison that Kabuto inflicted on him will eat his brain and heart away. He will die."

Deidara carried Sakura to one of the beds and walked beside Sasori. "Wake up, Danna, un." "You better f**king wake up, wooden bastard! Cherry almost risked her f**king life for you!" Hidan shouted, charging at the fainted Sasori. Kakuzu held him off with his threads. Everybody has a grieving look on their faces. Tobi on the other hand was too silent for his own good. Everyone but surprisingly Hidan returned to their own rooms waiting for the thirty minutes to finish.

A few minutes later, Sasori's eyes fluttered open. "Blossom." He muttered. Hidan rushed to his side. "You f**king wooden bastard. You made cherry f**king worry about you too much to the point where she'll f**king sacrifice her life." Hidan said, looking at Sakura's sleeping form.

Sasori's eyes widened as he quickly sat up. He grunted as he felt pain on his chest. He eventually managed to go to her side. Sakura's eyes fluttered open as Sasori reached her side. "Blossom." Sasori said in relief. "Puppet boy, you're awake!" Sakura said, crying happily as she hugged him.

Hidan smiled sadly. "I guess you f**king won our cherry blossom, wooden bastard." Hidan muttered as he left the clinic.

To Be Continued...