Chapter 6

- Wondering the city -

Luke's POV:

After our little jam session we walked around and were kind of making fun of everyone but definitely joking. I kept glancing at Y/n and she had the most beautiful blonde hair. Then her eyes were the prettiest y/e/c I've ever seen but I didn't want to make things awkward if we ended up together because we can't really see a future since we are ghosts.

" We should go search for food I'm getting kinda if ghostly hungry..." Y/n groaned as she hopped up on my back.

Alex smacked his forehead.

" Y/n we don't eat..we can shower or in Reggie's case take a fantastic bath and get cleaned but we just can't eat..." Alex explained to Y/n.

I put my hands under Y/n's legs so she wouldn't fall even though it wouldn't hurt her since we aren't falling who knows how far up in the air. Like when Julie played our demo CD and we fell who knows how far from the sky.

" Anyway let's go back to the studio and write some songs...unless you guys want to keep wandering the city. Wait Y/n we should mess with your dad for a little bit!" I looked up at Y/n and smiled. " Please?"

She rolled her eyes and set her head on top of my head. Alex and Reggie continued looking at us. They kind of figured out that I liked Y/n before I even knew that I did because of the way that we have chemistry when we sing but I think I have chemistry with whoever I sing with.

Y/n's POV:

Once Luke asked if we could mess with my father. I knew that would be a good idea but at the same time I wasn't sure if he was still alive but you never know if you don't try.

" Alright let's go!" I wrapped my arms around Luke.

- At Y/n's fathers' house-

We all poofed in front of my house and I got off of Luke's back. I took a deep sigh and poofed inside andLuke followed me inside. I looked around and there was my father sitting in his chair. I looked to the side and there was a new girl sitting on the couch.

" Woah who is that?" I asked, looking at Luke.

" Well I think it could be a new girl to replace your mom I think?" Luke looked around. " I don't see any pictures of you guys anywhere."

I walked around the house and went to my bedroom. There was a teen girl sitting on a bed.

" L-Luke!" I tried not crying.

" What's up?" He asked.

" I can't do this, I need to leave...like now." I rubbed my eyes and poofed away.

- At the studio -

I grabbed my notebook and went upstairs to the loft. I focused on grabbing a pen which was successful. I wrote down ' and if you see the look on my face it just tears me apart '

" Oh!" I smiled. " I have an idea for a song but I don't think the guys will like it."

I wrote another part. ' so we fight through the hurt '

Along with one more ' on our way back down to Earth'

I thought of the rest of the words for the song and decided on a title for the song ' Down to Earth ' ( you can play the song but let's pretend that a girl is singing it)

I sat at the grand piano and started playing it.

🎶 oh, oh, oh

I never thought that it'd be easy
'Cause we both so distant now

And the walls are closing in on us
And we're wondering how

No one has a solid answer
We're just walking in the dark

And you can see the look on my face
It just tears me apart

So we fight through the hurt
And we cry, and cry, and cry and cry

Then we live and we learn
And we try, and try, and try, and try 🎶

Luke's POV:

I knew exactly where Y/n went so we poofed so we were on the loft so she couldn't see us. Y/n was singing and playing the piano. I haven't seen her play the piano in who knows how long normally she plays her guitar but I guess for this song she wanted to play the piano which is alright since she was amazing at it. We just sat up top and listened to her.

🎶 So its up to you and it's up to me
That we meet in the middle

On our way back down to Earth
Down to Earth, down to Earth
Mama you were always somewhere 🎶

Y/n looked up so we backed away from the ledge so she couldn't see us. Alex, Reggie, and I sighed in relief knowing that she didn't see us.

🎶 And daddy I live out of town
So tell me how could I ever be normal somehow

You tell me this is for the best
So tell me why am I in tears, whoa

So far away and now
I just need you here

So we'll fight through the hurt
And we'll cry, and cry, and cry, and cry

Then we live and we learn
And we try, and try, and try, and try

So it's up to you and it's up to me
That we meet in the middle

On our way back down to earth
Down to earth, down to earth

On our way back down to earth
Ooh, oh, ooh, oh, ooh

We felt so far away from where we used to be
And now we're standing, and where do we go

When there's no road to get to your heart?
Let's start over again 🎶

I listened and I heard her hit that high note so many times but every single time it gave me goosebumps. I knew that seeing her father with someone and having a new kid hurt her really badly and there was nothing that we could really do.

🎶 So it's up to you and it's up to me
That we meet in the middle

On our way back down to earth
Down to earth, down to earth

On our way back down to earth
I never thought that it'd be easy

'Cause we both so distant now
And the walls are closing in on us
And we're wondering how 🎶

I watched Y/n wipe her tears off her face and saw that Alex wanted to give her a hug. I stopped him and poofed us out of there.