Chapter 8

- Today is the day -

Luke's POV:

" Alright gentlemen." Luke looks at me " and lady. Today is the day we get Julie back into the music program!"

" How exactly are we going to do that?" Alex asked, sitting up and stretching.

" Well, you see here me and Luke gave Julie one of our sunset curve songs that we never got to record." I shrugged, grabbing the paper and showing them.

" So, I have an idea, so we are going to follow her to her school and tell her that it's her turn after everyone else gets done. Since she told us that there was no more room in her school. We are going to make the teachers make her a spot whether they like it or not." I explained to them Reggie was starting to fall asleep again.

I watched as Y/n grabbed my guitar and hit a riff on it that woke Reggie up and made him fall off the couch.

" Well now what was that for?!" Reggie stood up.

" For falling asleep while I'm trying to explain something to you!" I facepalmed myself.

As the day went on, we poofed to Julie's school and looked around and saw now one. We continued walking and we heard music coming from the gym, so we followed the sound into the gym.

Y/n's POV:

I looked around and finally found Julie standing next to this other girl. We walked over to Julie and kind of surprised her.

"What are you guys doing here?" Julie said, turning towards us.

"We wanna see you stick to it!" Luke smiled. "Isn't that right boys well and Y/n."

I raised my eyebrow at Luke and shook my head.

"Man, I miss high school." Reggie stared at the people who were performing.

We continued watching them. I glanced at Alex, and he was starting to dance with them on the sidelines. Luke grabbed his shoulders and made him stop. I was trying not to laugh while Julie glanced over at us and shook her head. As she was finishing up everyone started cheering.

"We love you, Carrie!" A random girl said.

"Oh, I love you too!' Carrie smiled. "Make sure to check out my new YouTube video."

"Self-promoting is never a good sign." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, and go Bobcats!" Carrie said, walking away.

We watched as the principal walked into the spotlight.

"Thank you, Dirty Candy!"

"Now's your chance! Go talk to her." The girl that was standing by Julie said, then walked away.  "See you in music class."

"That was sweet..." She smiled.

We were all standing there in very uncomfortable awkward silence.

The principal cleared her throat.

"Ok then. Before we let you go, there are a few more announcements..." The principal continued.

I looked at Julie as she was trying to listen to the principal.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" I motioned for Julie to go.

"I mean like this is your time!" Reggie smiled.

"Yeah. I mean you look really nervous. Like yack in a bowl nervous." Alex motioned towards Julie's face.

"I just don't think I had enough time to work on the song-" Julie tried explaining but Luke and I cut her off.

"We wouldn't have given you the song if we didn't think you were going to nail it!" We told Julie.

"Now there is a piano right on that stage with your name on it." Luke stepped forward pointing to the stage that had the piano on it.

We watched Julie walk away once she was out of ear shot. I smiled.

"What are you smiling  about over there?" Luke asked me, putting his arm around me.

"We are going to make this the best show ever!' I said, leaning into Luke.