Chapter 12

- The Start of Flying Solo -

Y/n's POV:

"Guys! Guys!" Luke said, running through the door.

"What is it Luke!" I groaned, getting up and going to the main floor.

"Look what I found!" Luke showed us a piece of paper.

"Dude we are going to worry about that later! Back to inviting Julie to the band and working on music." Alex started playing on his drums.

- A few hours later -

"Hey Luke, how does this rift sound?" I played the rift that I was working on for hours.

"Sweet I'm feeling that." Luke said, looking up from his paper that he found.

"And then I come in with a little bit of this." Luke starts strumming his guitar.

"Then you and Julie come in with your killer lyrics." Reggie smiles.

We continued playing and then Julie quickly walked into the studio to see us playing the guitar and singing without her.

"You are not supposed to be playing out here alone!" Julie said, scolding us.

"But we aren't alone because we have each other." Reggie said, and Luke pointed at Reggie in agreement.

I walked over to the speaker and made sure it wasn't messed with.

"But...but we had the volume at one-" I started but got cut off.

"But we rocked it at 10. You want us to play it again?" Luke suggested.

"I uh I really don't think she does." I shrugged.

We all looked at each other knowing that it was time to ask Julie if she wanted to join the band.

"Ok we have some pretty major news to tell you!" Luke smiled. "We had a band meeting earlier and..."

Alex did a little drum roll.

"We want to invite you to join Sunset Curve!" We all did little jazz hands. "And no, you're not dreaming."

"Oh uh..." She said, looking at each of us like she wanted to say no. 

I looked at Luke in shock.

"That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday not when invited to join the most epic band ever." Luke looked at Julie in shock.

Julie looked at Luke with a look that I didn't approve of. I walked over to Luke and wrapped my arm around his arm then leaned my head on his arm. I had complete jealousy filled in my stomach.

"Sorry. I'm honored, but I can't think about anything but Flynn right now." Julie explained. "She's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted me back."

"Yeah, you're in a tough spot." I shrugged knowing the feeling and nothing that I could do about.

Luke looked at me and then at Julie.

"So, you wanna join the band?" Luke raised his eyebrow.

"Seriously Luke!" I smacked his chest with my other arm that wasn't wrapped around his.

"What! We need you, and you need us because you need music." Luke tried explaining.

Luke grabbed the paper that was in his back pocket.

"I found this poem that you wrote, and Reggie, Y/n and I, we added this really cool melody to it." Luke said, unfolding the paper. "It sounds awesome."

Julie looked at the paper. Exactly like she knew that Luke went through her dream box that was in her room and that he was specifically not supposed to go through.

"Where'd you find that?" Julie's eyes went directly to the paper that Luke had in his hands.

"Uh... definitely not your dream box." Luke said, pulling Reggie in front of him.

"You went through my stuff?" Julie said, trying to grab the paper.

"Yeah, we can do that now." Reggie pitched making things worse.

"Technically speaking no, you can't!" I started playing a melody.

"No! Hey, you need to realize how insanely talented you are." Luke set the paper down. "OK? listen to this."

"If somebody hurts you...If somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too." Luke read the poem.

Luke then switched it to a lyric.

♪ And my life

My life would be real low, zero ♪

♪ Flying solo ♪

♪ Oh-oh! ♪

"I wrote that about Flynn." Julie sighed, giving in. "when she was helping me with all my mom stuff."

"I mean It's a good melody and I think once Flynn realizes how much you mean to her and once, she finds out about us everything will be fine...hopefully!" I said, continuing playing the melody.

'Anyway, I gotta go." Julie started walking out the doors.

"Hey, what about the band?" Luke mentioned it again.

"Oh... I almost forgot. Stay out of my room!" Julie turned around, closing the door.

"We will if you join our band." Luek poked his head through the doors.

He popped his head back inside the studio and me and Reggie were both looking at him.

"What?" Luke asked, plopping back down on the piano bench beside me.

"I don't think you realize how extremely annoying you are at times." I laughed, rolling my eyes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Authors Note!

Thank you all for the reads on this story. I actually started this story after I finished watching Julie and The Phantoms the second time around not knowing that this was going to get any reads to be honest. I'm extremely thankful for the love that this story has gotten. But enough of that hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving! 

- Author <3