Chapter 22

Y/n's POV:After Julie got busted by her dad for sneaking out we all disappeared and then waited for any news on the couch in Julie's house

Y/n's POV:
After Julie got busted by her dad for sneaking out we all disappeared and then waited for any news on the couch in Julie's house. But as we were waiting Julie's brother, Carlos came walking through the living room with his ipad.

"You can't hide forever, ghosties." Carlos said, turning his iPad as his aunt snuck up on him.

  "Gotcha!" His aunt grabbed his shoulders. "For the last time, mijo. Ghosts are not real."

I raised an eyebrow as Reggie decided to speak up.

"Typical adult. Do you remember when we were kids, and they never believed what we said?" Reggie asked, looking at each of us.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's just a "you" thing." Alex said.

"I was always pretty trustworthy." I admitted, while leaning back into the couch.

"Shouldn't we be more worried about Julie? Her dad just busted her, okay? He's probably making her quit the band." Like jumped up off the couch and started pacing back and forth.

"Well, there's not much we can do about that now, but... we can still help Carlos." I shrugged.

"Adults not believing children ends tonight. Showtime." Reggie got up off the couch.

"I haven't seen them." Carlos said as Reggie turned the lamp off. "Ghosts aren't real, huh? How do you explain that?"

" Light bulbs burn out all the time, Carlos." His aunt backed up into the kitchen.

" Explain... this." Reggie said.

Reggie moved his hands up and down on the window blinds. I looked at Reggie and then back to Julie and Carlos's aunt and she looked terrified.

"Maybe it's my mom. She knows I haven't been replacing the toilet paper!" Carlos said in shock and terror.

"Your mama would never scare us. This is the work of a demon!" Tia said, grabbing Carlos by the shoulders.

"Hey, words hurt." I said, crossing my arms.

"Wait! I got to get it on video." Carlos said, putting his iPad to where Reggie was being chaotic.

"Yeah, you do. Time for an old classic." Reggie grabbed the white bed sheet and put it on top of his head.

Aunt Tia squealed and grabbed Carlos and dragged him away.