Chapter 11

- Getting Julie to join the band -

Y/n's POV:

"Seriously guys, we just met her not even a month ago and you already want her to join in on OUR band!" I set Luke's notebook to the side.

"Y/n you do realize that with Julie, everybody can see us!" Luke said, stepping forward.

I flinched slightly but it wasn't extremely noticeable, but Alex noticed.

"You know no musician would want to pass that up ever." Luke said, grabbing my hand.

I looked down at our hands and pulled my hand away.

"Well, you're right..." I said, poofing away. 

Luke's POV:

I looked around trying to see if Y/n poofed somewhere in the studio.

"Dude she isn't here..." Alex said.

I poofed out of the studio and went searching for Y/n. I finally found Y/n sitting on the beach and watching everyone play volleyball or swimming. I quietly sat by her. She knew that I was there, and she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Why did this happen to us?" I heard Y/n ask.

I didn't say anything because I didn't know how to answer that question.

"We could've been home-" Y/n started but I cut her off.

"We didn't have a lot. We had each other, that's about it. Music kept you going if it wasn't for that you wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't have my best friend by my side." I pulled her closer to my side. "With Julie we can keep that going."

"You're right, I guess we can try to get her to join our band. Anyway, we should probably get back to the others before they start searching for us." Y/n said, slightly laughing.

I watched as she got up and she stuck her hand out and pulled me up. I put my arm around her and walked the city until it was dusk and eventually poofed back into the studio.

"Finally you guys are back! We almost called a ghost bounty for you guys!" Alex said, putting his hand on his chest.

"Seriously you are so over dramatic sometimes Alex." Y/n said, rolling her eyes.

"I am NOT." Alex put his hand down, offended.

I laughed and watched Y/n go up to the loft and crawl into the bed. I hopped onto the couch and stared at the ceiling until I fell asleep.

- Morning time -

"Alright wake up!" We all heard Julie.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I checked the clock on the wall and it read 6:30am.

"Shouldn't you be on the way to school?" Y/n said, peeking her head over the railing.

I glanced up and saw Y/n with her hair up in a messy bun.

"Alright I have to go. Bye!" Julie said, waving.

Alex glanced at me to see who I was looking at once he realized he smacked my shoulder.

"What was that for?" I asked, glaring at Alex. 

"You have a little drool right there." Alex said, motioning towards the side of my mouth.

"Oh do I? Do I really?" I asked, throwing a pillow at him.

I peeked out of the studio window and saw that Julie was nowhere in sight. I headed out the door. Not knowing that I was being followed by Y/n.

"Where are you going?" Y/n asked, catching up to me.

"Figuring out what is in that dream box that Julie wasn't going to let us look in." I explained to Y/n.

"So, basically you're going to go through her thing that she specifically told you not to go through?" Y/n asked, getting clarification.

"That's exactly what I'm going to do." I nodded. "But the thing is she said that they used to be her box full of lyrics when her mom was alive. So, which means she used to write music with her mom."

'Well, have fun I'm going to lay back down. I'm still tired." Y/n rubbed her eyes and walked through the doors.