Chapter 1

This starts near the beginning of The Inheritance Games...

I woke up to the sound of the kitchen tap dripping, we had just gotten it fixed but there it was drip drip drip ... I check my phone and realized that I had overslept... shoot. I rummaged through my closet for clothes and put them on, I ran into the kitchen that Libby was baking in.

"Good morning." Libby said and she sighed.

"What is wrong? Why are you baking? What happened?"

Libby was a guilt baker she would bake until she felt better and something was wrong but I was already late for school so I had no time to eat or ask her questions. I will ask her after school.

I ran to school  and when I got in I ran as fast as I could through the crowded hallways of my school I shoved at people and they cursed after me, but I had no choice I was late. I slipped my dancing shoes on and hid behind some of my friends who were dancing in front of me but I wasn't stealthy enough..

"MS. GRAMBS! Why are you late to practice, we have a performance coming up in a few days you know that!"

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I smiled and the coach just rolled her eyes.

My friend whispered to me from the row in front "I slept with your boyfriend, he is soooo hot."

My jaw dropped and I froze. "You what??"

"You are so gullible, you know that?"

That was when the announcements came on "Can Avery and Amber Grambs report to the office please, Avery and Amber Grambs. Thank you."

"What have you done now?" My coach said.

"Nothing I know of."

I ran up the stairs as I pulled on my sweater as I walked into Principal Altman's office. Libby was there and so was Avery they were both sitting down, but Principal Altman wasn't there, instead a super hot blond boy was sitting in his chair. Puzzled I took a seat next to Libby.

Avery asked puzzled "Who are you and what do you want?"

"I am here to deliver a message, one that has been difficult to send via traditional means."

"That might be my fault" Libby squeaked she was nervous.

"What might be your fault?" I ask worried.

"I started receiving letters but I thought it was some scam or something."

"I can assure you that this is no scam" The silver eyed boy said "I've taken the liberty to make travel arrangements for you, you will be flying to Texas tomorrow. I believe I haven't introduced myself I am Grayson Hawthorne here delivering the message on behalf of McNamara, Ortega and Jones. My grandfather passed away earlier this month, you may know him. Tobias Hawthorne?"

"Doesn't ring a bell" Avery said.

"I'll leave you guys for now, see you all in Texas."