Chapter 34

I decided to leave early with Grayson so my sister would be riding in a different ride. As I waited for the SUV to arrive Grayson came up behind me. 

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, I am." The SUV pulled to a stop in front of me and Grayson helped me in. He was wearing a tuxedo the same baby blue as my dress and he looked perfect. He looked like a doll that hadn't been taken out of its packaging. Brand new. I smiled at him and he smiled back. What was going on with me?

"Why did you talk to your father?"

"I needed the information."

"You don't have to answer but what information?"

"Xander would kill me if I told you."

"Then he doesn't have to know."

"Are you sure you won't tell anyone?"

"Positive."

"We found a hidden message in my letter."

"What did it say?" I didn't respond. "Amber? What did it say?" He said my name. I wasn't Ms. Grambs anymore I was Amber.

"It said" I sucked in a breath "Your Father"

"So you talked to him."

"He didn't know anything and Xander thought to check my birth certificate but the problem is that it was erased a few years ago I was never born to the government. Alisa hasn't found anything yet and it has almost been a week"

"Why Xander?"

"You'll find out. I can't say it yet"

"Tell me when you're ready."

"It won't be too long."

Once we made it to the charity gala Grayson stepped out of the SUV first and then held my hand to help me out. There were paparazzi everywhere. I got nervous around people so I didn't know what to say they started asking questions and I froze in place.

"It is ok" Grayson whispered in my ear. His voice sent chills around my body. I thought about his life growing up. He had probably been to many places with paparazzi following him. "Concentrate."

"What will happen to the inheritance?" ignore. "What are your plans?" ignore. "Why did you get the inheritance?" ignore. "Who are you?" Grayson looked at me he wanted me to tell them who I was.

"I am Amber Hannah Grambs sister to Avery Kylie Grambs" Grayson looked at me with his heavenly eyes and smiled. Did I do well? Did I say something weird? I smiled back.

"What do you think about everything that has happened?"

"Change is everywhere, some good some bad it all depends on what you do," I replied. Grayson held out an arm and I took it and we walked into the gala. It was held in an art museum and there were many people. Alisa caught sight of me.

"You are here. And you found a date. The foundation has been able to save two tables."

"Okay, do you know when my sister will arrive?"

"No, I will contact you when she does."

"Sounds good."

We walked away and viewed the artwork that was displayed in the museum then we went to the auction and my phone buzzed. I opened my phone and Grayson looked as well.

Alisa: Your sister has arrived

"Let's go" We walked to the door and once I saw Avery I called for her. Grayson had stopped. I turned back to look at him. "Grayson?" I held the hand that he was holding his hand in and the other and held them in mine. "Grayson?" He wouldn't take his eyes off my sister. What was wrong?" He dropped his glass. The bottom of my dress got wet and the inside of my hands were red but Graysons were covered in red. "You're bleeding."

"What are you doing?" Grayson asked my sister as she looked at his hands in mine.

"I don't understand," Avery replied.

"Your hair. That necklace and that dress."

"What?"

What was he talking about? What was wrong? I know she looked good but what was going on?

"Emily" Grayson stood still as my sister made her way to the bathroom. Who was Emily? Who was she to Grayson?

"Grayson. I'm here."

"I know"

"What happened?"

"You're bleeding."

"You are as well. Come on." I took his hands and led him to the bathroom. I was in the boys but who cares. "Will you tell me what happened?"

"Not now" I took a handkerchief from my bag and wet it with warm water and gently washed away the blood from Grayson's hands. The handkerchief was now blood red but it didn't matter. I looked up at Grayson who looked surprised as he stared at his hands. But there was another emotion present on his face that I couldn't quite tell. Once I finished washing his hands of his blood I washed the handkerchief and got out as much blood as I could. Grayson looked at me from the mirror. "Why are you doing this?"

"I-I-I... I care about you, Grayson. You can shut out the whole world but I will still care about you whether you like it or not. That is why I am doing this."

"Sorry"

"Why are you sorry?"

"You shouldn't have to take care of me."

"You don't get it do you?" I paused for a second before continuing "you can protect yourself and care for others but you will only break if you don't let others care for you."

"I am already broken"

"Don't say that you aren't. You can be fixed" I looked up at him and hugged him. Why did it feel so wrong? It took a second for Grayson to realize what I was doing. When he did he hugged me back. I felt weak at my knees. Did I love Grayson? Did I love Jameson? What were their feelings for me?

"Let me protect you." I looked into his gorgeous grey eyes.

"Only if you let me protect you as well." He was silent and we ended the hug before going out of the bathroom.

As I walked out of the men's bathroom people around us looked at me with weird faces. "Bathroom signs are so similar aren't they." We walked towards the tables we were going to sit at and I sat down after Grayson pulled out a chair. He sat down on the one next to me and Avery sat down on the one next to him. I heard Avery whispering to Grayson and Grayson whispering to Avery.