Chapter 30

We arrived at the office where I was meeting my father and Oren waited outside as I walked in exactly at three and found my father waiting.

"There you are Bear"

"Don't call me that"

"Why not? You loved it as a kid"

"I'm not a kid"

"Nice to know that you wanted to talk to me again"

"I have a few questions to ask you"

"Straight to business? I guess you changed, after all, you're my sweet Bear"

"Just answer the questions. Where is my birth certificate?"

"I don't know"

"You didn't take it or erase it?"

"Why would I do that? You weren't mine"

"What do you mean?"

"I wasn't part of your life"

"Were you there when I was born?"

"No, I wasn't there for Ave's either"

"You can't call her that"

"Why not she is mine"

"But you weren't part of her life"

"Oh, but you don't understand do you."

"Enough. Why did you want to talk to me?"

"I wanted to say sorry for not being part of your life. Your mother kept me away from my daughter"

"Daughters"

"Yes of course I have two daughters" His thumb fiddled with the ends of my hair but I pulled back. "I am just a dad. You know you don't look like your sister. I always wondered who you got it from. The blonde hair the blue eyes, they even look gray sometimes but I know you didn't get anything from me."

"You don't want to talk for the money?"

"Why would I? Your birthday is coming up soon."

"My birthday is in April. That is months away."

"Who cares it is still coming soon. We should celebrate. Go for a drink..."

"I've had enough. Bye Ricky"

"Call me dad but Ricky makes sense too. Bye Bear." I stormed out of the room. Alisa and Oren walked behind me.

"I take it that it didn't go well?"

"Of course, it didn't. What did I expect?" I climbed into the SUV and we drove back to the estate. I slammed the car door closed behind me and weakly ran into the house. I slumped onto the floor of the entrance. Grayson walked up to me.

"Oren, what happened?"

"She went to talk to her friend"

"It was actually my father. Sorry, Oren. But I needed the information."

"I need to talk to Alisa." He walked away and out of the door. Sorry, Alisa.

"What did your father say to you?"

"That is classified information only for Xander to hear. Where is your brother anyways?"

"Which one? Jameson is messing around somewhere. Xander is in his lab and Nash is off buying hats."

"Thank you" He held out a hand and I took it. I walked away towards the lab.