Chapter 27

I didn't remember what I had learned in class or what I was doing. I only remembered getting up at the bell, picking up my homework, and going to my locker where my bodyguard found me. I went to the library to talk to Xander. Jameson wanted to know what we were talking about. He walked away after we didn't tell him anything. I didn't remember anything else. Everything was a blur. I couldn't move. I didn't remember. 

I opened my eyes slightly there was a beeping sound.

Mum was hooked up to life support it was beeping. Forgive me she said. Of course. Please don't leave me I cried. I will never leave you. Remember your past, and go back to your roots. What do you mean? I love you. Tell your sister that I love her. I will. Where is she? Remember? She is doing an exam. Why are you sick? I don't know. Why can't you live? I love you. There was no sound she was gone. I love you too.

 I hated them for not being able to save her for not being able to keep her alive and I didn't need that for Avery. I opened my eyes Michael was there and so was Avery. Jameson and Grayson were at the door.

"Where the f*** am I?" Heads turned to me

"You woke up! and your first words included a swear word." Avery said

"You're in the hospital," Michael spoke

"Why?"

"Because you are sick." I looked at Avery as she said those words. She was thinking about mum.

"Yeah I know I haven't been eating much."

"Yes and no" Avery was staring into my eyes

"They found poison in your blood," Grayson said

"What?"

"I know," Avery said silently

"So it wasn't just me not eating enough?"

"Yeah, it wasn't just that." Michel said "I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"For this"

"You didn't do it"

"I know but I wasn't there when it happened."

"It is ok. So when am I released?"

"I don't know"

"Why don't you know?"

"They are still identifying what the poison was," Grayson said from the doorway.

"So I ingested it?"

"Yeah"

"Is Mrs. Laughlin ok?"

"Yeah she is under investigation but I don't think they will find anything," Jameson said he hadn't talked at all.

"Mrs. Laughlin would never do this and besides I served myself only someone who came close to me while eating would've been able to do it." I looked at Michael and smiled but something was wrong. Had he done it? Who was he talking to at the dining table? What if it wasn't Grayson and someone else? Someone who wants me and my sister gone.

"What time is it?" Grayson looked at his watch.

"Eleven AM"

"What? But I couldn't have been out for so long."

"You were unconscious overnight and a few hours."

"Poor Xander had a heart attack when you collapsed" someone teased I didn't know who but I saw Thea walk in.

"What are you doing here?" Jameson asked blocking Thea's way.

"Just visiting a friend of mine the same way you are visiting your cousin. I was there when it happened you know. So was Rebecca if her sister was there she would have made all the drama bigger."

"OUT!" Grayson snapped.

"Yeesh, I was just telling the truth." She walked out of the room. I thought about my birth certificate and my father.

"Where is my phone?"

"It is being examined"

"Shit"

"Why?"

"No reason. Where are Xander and Alisa?"

"Xander is at school and Alisa is sorting this out."

"Visiting hours are over, for now, you may return in an hour," The doctor said walking in.

"Bye," I said as everyone left the room.

"Did you find anything?"

"We did we are making the cure right now you will stay here for around three more days."

"Ok. I know visiting hours are over but can you let my lawyer in."

"We can't do that."

"Please just five minutes." He nodded and came back with Alisa.

"You'll be out of here in three days but I am afraid I will have to sneak you out of the hospital on day 3."

"Why?"

"You are only allowed to be away from the estate for 3 days. Today is one of the three."

"Ok. Did you find my birth certificate?"

"No. It is going to take some time. It isn't there with your files."

"And my father?"

"I arranged for you two to talk on Friday."

"Thank you"

"Feel better soon"