Chapter 28

Visitors were coming and going. My sisters would come and the Hawthornes would stand in silence. It was my last day at the hospital well it wasn't meant to be my last but it was. Jameson came to visit alone and it wasn't even visiting hours.

"What are you doing here?"

"Visiting"

"It's past visiting hours"

"I know"

"No one wants to tell me so will you?"

"Tell you what?"

"Tell me what happened"

"Are you sure?"

"It can't be so bad"

"You were all quiet and studying the letter with Xander. I wanted to know what you were talking about. But Xander shooed me away so I left. Then Xander screamed. When I say he screamed I mean it. He screamed so loud that everyone's attention was turned to you. I looked back and you had fallen backward off the bench. There was blood coming out of your mouth Amber. There was blood. I ran towards you and picked you up. I tried to wake you up but you wouldn't. Xander was terrified and he called 911 while your security guard was getting everyone away from the scene. I rode with you in the ambulance to here but you wouldn't wake up. You were unresponsive. They hurried you into the emergency room. I felt so stupid for letting you leave the nurse. If you had stayed there none of this would have happened. You wouldn..." 

"Thank you."

"I only made it worse"

"But you saved me and came here with me. If it weren't for you Xander wouldn't have been able to do anything. He needed me."

"And I needed you" What did I feel about Jameson? I knew I had to break up with Michael but I didn't know how to.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Jameson nodded. I needed to get him out of his current thoughts. "I am breaking up with Michael. He is never there for me and he... Never mind, I am just skipping to conclusions."

"You're breaking up?" He smiled.

"You happy?"

"Um. No of course not."

"Alisa is forcing me out of the hospital tonight. I am meant to stay until tomorrow but I will lose the inheritance if I leave."

"Isn't that dangerous?"

"Yeah but tomorrow is just rest for me." Grayson walked into the room.

"Hi Grayson"

"I didn't know you were here Jamie."

"I have something to ask you, Grayson," I said. I gestured for him to come over to me and he did.

"What were you talking about with Michael?"

"You"

"But you weren't the one he was meant to meet up with. Were you? He was meant to meet up with your..."

"Mother. She was there but I came into the room, she smiled while walking away from Michael and she sat down"

"It was the same in the hallway wasn't it?"

"Yeah I told him to stay away from my mother but I heard him tell you about him staying away from my brothers which I also would want."

"Thanks for telling me" Skye wanted me gone. Libby would never poison me. Michael was acting suspicious when he visited. He poisoned me. But why? Was it against his will?

Grayson dusted his suit and left the room.

"What did you ask Gray?"

"I just asked him about what he was talking about with my ex"