Chapter 6

I woke up in the morning and found Avery and Libby arguing in the hallway. I wanted to ignore them but I couldn't.

"What is going on?" I ask politely even if my mind was screaming it.

"Someone was hit in the eye by her boyfriend."

"That isn't true," Libby said "he needed it"

"But he still did it"

I hugged Libby and whispered in her ear "Welcome back"

Avery walked down to breakfast and I walked in the back with Libby and I talked to her about everything that was going to happen. Ave sat down at the table where all the Hawthornes sat while Libby and I went to help Ms. Laughlin with the plates.

"Can I help you with anything dears?" She asked

"Can we help bring the plates to the table?"

"You don't have to but thank you"

We brought the plates to the table and I saw Grayson glaring at my sister. I cleared my throat to get Grayson's attention and it worked and then I stared at him. Jameson caught me doing so and he sounded like he was choking but he was probably just holding in his laughter. 

"What is so funny?" Xander the youngest brother asked

"Nothing"

"Well definitely something" Grayson replied

Skye and Zara were talking about something. I took an open seat next to Xander and Libby sat next to me. I started eating but I could only eat one piece of toast. Xander on the other hand ate so many plates full that the plates looked like they were going to topple over. 

"I'll see you all sometime later," I said

"Are you not going to eat more dear?" Ms. Laughlin asked

"No, I don't feel very hungry. Thanks for the food" I brought my plate to the kitchen and she shaked her head with a smile on her face. I walked into the hallway and up the stairs.

When I made it to my room Alisa was waiting for me just outside it. 

"Good you are here, the stylist is in there with clothes for you to try on the clothes that best match your style."

"Okay great"

I walked into my room and there was0 a lot and when I say a lot I mean a lot of clothes. All I had back in Connecticut were a few hoodies, shirts, jeans, and some crop tops. It was a long process but I had finished up and my style (according to the stylists) was sporty. I helped them clear out the room before I sat on my bed and looked at the messages on my phone. Michael wanted to call me. I called him and he picked up.

Amber: Hey Michael.

Michael: Hi

Amber: You said you wanted to call?

Michael: Yeah, sorry if I am bothering you but you never told me when the flight is.

Amber: I am so sorry I thought I did it is tomorrow at 11:00 am

Michael: Ok thanks for letting me know.

I heard knocking at the cupboard.

Amber: Sorry I have to go.

Michael: Ok see you tomorrow.

I opened it up but I didn't see anyone at first was I just imagining things? That was when I saw it. There was an animal, I shrieked and fell backward. I kneeled to look at the animal and it was a robot. I entered the tunnel with the robot at hand and I heard Oren burst into the room. Poor Oren. He doesn't know where I went. I climbed up and I didn't see anyone anywhere, I thought I would see Xander or maybe another Hawthorne brother but I didn't. I turned my phone flashlight on and looked all around the room there were many passageways and I decided to check all of them one by one they all had ladders I decided to climb up the one closest to me and I popped out into something like the back of a bookshelf. I tried pressing every plank and pulling on them and then something finally clicked revealing a bookshelf.

I stepped out onto the balcony as the bookshelf closed behind me and I saw Jameson and Avery looking at books together. I grabbed a nearby bottle it looked like an antique, then I hid behind a desk with a hole to see Avery and I started blowing on the bottle making an eerie noise.

"Jameson seriously why are you doing that noise, it is irritating as hell"

"It isn't me"

He looked towards the desk I was hiding behind and chuckled.

"This seriously isn't funny Jameson"

"Well it isn't me"

"Well then whoever is making that sound please stop"

I hear a static sound coming from Avery. What was that? It looked like a Walkie-Talkie. Seriously? With who? She put on her worried face.

"Amber is missing again!!"

"It is ok"

"No, it isn't we have to go look for her"

"We don't"

I swore if Jameson told Avery where I was I would kill him.

"Fine then I am going to search myself"

She walked off in the direction of my wing. I whispered into my bottle.