Chapter 18

I waited for Avery once again and sat on the bench. Once again Jameson came to join me.

"Were you there?"

"I was."

"Why?"

"I was going to ask you something but then I saw you with Michael and I thought he was going to hurt you but then he was just tickling you so I left."

"And the clunk?"

"I hit my head."

"Ok. What did you want to ask me?"

"If you wanted to go bowling with me and your sister."

"Oh ok nothing bad then"

"What are you all doing?" I looked up and saw Thea.

"Thea"

"Jameson"

"Why did you tell her?"

"No one ever said I couldn't"

"But you knew it would cause drama"

"It is what I live on," she said in a sing-song voice. She turned to me.

"Where is your sister?"

"I don't have a sister."

"Yes, you do..." Jameson clapped a hand around her mouth.

"She doesn't have a sister. Her only relation to this family is that she is my cousin."

Thea nodded cheerfully and skipped away.

"Would be a shame if you were my cousin."

"Why?"

"No reason."

He was flirting with me. I had a boyfriend. I loved him or was I letting myself believe that I loved him? I looked at Avery approaching. 

"School was fun wasn't it Jameson."

"Yup. Hi heiress."

"What are you doing?"

"I am having a conversation with my lovely causing dear friend of mine."

"Ok, you guys are weird." She turned to Jameson "What have you done?"

"I haven't done anything to my dear cousin" He put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me in.

"I'm telling aunty what you are doing." I removed his hand from my shoulder and pushed him away.

"Umm... Did you force my sister to take something? I swear Jameson if you did..."

"He didn't" I cut in. I smiled and walked towards the car. 

Xander joined us this time. 

"Hello everyone." He looked at me and Jameson.

"Thea told me everything" He looked at me "Hello cousin"

"Hi, cousin," I responded.

"Shall we continue our game of would you rather?" Jameson asked.

"Let's" I replied.

"I'm in" Xander replied.

"Whose turn was it?" Jameson asked.

"Avery's"

"Would you rather watch someone die or find out someone died" Avery replied from the front seat? Was she targeting Jameson again?

"I would rather watch them die" I replied faces turned to me "I'm not a psychopath I'm just saying if it was someone I cared about I would want to see them one last time and even if it was someone I hated I would want to be there for them, because of the things that happened in my life would've never happened. I would have never met my friend if it wasn't for someone I hate that I don't want to name right now."

Xander nodded and replied, "I guess you are right but I still wouldn't want to watch someone I hate die."

Jameson answered "I would want to find out instead of watch. But some things can't be avoided"

I started thinking about my mother she would make everything fun make little games, sing songs, and then she hid her illness from me and I watched her die. I'm sorry she said. I forgave her and wished for her to comeback ran What if? questions over and over again in my head until I fell asleep. 

"I'm sorry," Avery said to me "I didn't think of it that way" She knew what I was thinking about. She probably was as well. "I choose Xander"

"Would you rather let me continue my baby-making metaphors or let me kill your father?"

"Kill our father!" Avery and I said.

"I would let you continue your metaphors." Jameson replied, "Why do you want to kill your father?"

"He is a deadbeat who never cared for us or Libby," Avery replied

"Now he is asking to talk to us but I think that he just wants the money" I continued. I don't think that Avery knew she looked at me with shock.

"What do you mean he wants to talk to us?"

"He sent me some messages and a DM he says he just wants to talk but it is always like that isn't it? The moment we get an inheritance he wants to talk."

"Don't talk to him ok."

I didn't respond.

"Please don't tell me you already did."

"I didn't."

Xander spoke "I choose Jamie"

"Would you rather save me or save every dog in the world."

"I would save every dog in the world," Avery said

"I know you are my cousin but. Every dog in the world is much better than saving one life. No offense I am sure you have a great life."

"No offense taken"

"I would save every dog in the world. What Amber said." Xander nodded.

"I choose Amber"

"Would you rather me be a cousin or a sibling."

"I would rather have you as a sibling" Avery said.

"Yeah sibling," Xander said, "Because from my experience cousins are annoying."

"Cousin" Jameson said

"Why?"

"No reason"

We drove through the gates of the house and it wasn't long until we would arrive at the front of the house but I decided I wanted one more round. 

"I choose Oren"

"Me?"

"Yup"

"If you say so. Would you rather make sense of Amber's letter or make sense of everyone else's?

"I would make sense of everyone else's because they probably all lead to the same thing. It is a game after all" I replied

"I would make sense of Amber's," Xander said after me

"Why?"

"I'll tell you later."

"I would make sense of everyone else's I agree with what my friend said"

"I would make sense of everyone else's I agree with what my cousin said"

They just said the same thing just one word was different. Were they trying to prove a point? Or was Jameson trying to be annoying? We pulled up at the driveway and we got out of the car.