Chapter 16

I woke up in the arms of my boyfriend I kissed him as I left, and he kissed me back. The hunger was coming for me. I prepared for school and decided to bring my letter along with the many textbooks in my bag. I went down to help prepare breakfast.

"Good morning can I help you?"

"Well, I can't stop you can I?"

I helped with breakfast and set the table while everyone started sitting. I sat down exhausted and thinking about the letter. My phone pinged.

Michael: I'm not hungry today so I won't be coming down for breakfast. Love you. <3 Have a good day at school.

Amber: Have a good day. Is everything okay?

Michael: I have been eating too much since I came here.

Amber: Ok. Bye. <3

Michael: Bye

I put my phone away and ate a slice of toast and as I was about to bring my plate back Avery put another piece of toast on my plate.

"What did you do that for?"

"YOU, aren't eating enough."

"I'm not hungry"

"Every day?"

"Yup"

"Just tell me what is going on"

"Nothing. I will eat the piece of toast okay just leave me alone."

With that, Avery stopped talking and I ate my toast. I brought it back to the kitchen and went to the hallway. I slumped against the wall next to the bathroom door. I heard footsteps approaching but I ignored it all I could think about was the letter.

Dearest Amber,

You are a bigger mystery than your sister. Old I get with regrets. Undercover. Remember your past. For everything now I'm sorry. Always know your roots. They will help you. Hawthorne or not we are strong. Everything will make sense. Regardless of the situation think about the future.

T.H.

Why was I a mystery? Who was undercover? Was it Tobias? I don't remember everything about my past. What is he sorry about? My mother? What are my roots? Does he mean Ricky Grambs or my mother? Who will help me? The Hawthornes? What does he mean by or not? Is he referring to us? What was wrong with my future?

I snapped back into the future and saw Grayson standing in front of me.

"Can I help you?"

"They are going to leave for school" 

"Thanks" 

He held out his hand and I took it. I got up to my feet and started walking knowing that he was going to say something.

"What are you thinking about?" he said

"Something"

"Is it about what happened yesterday if so, I'm sorry"

Did he just apologize to me? I should tell him about the letter.

"It isn't that, it is the letter that I got from your Grandfather"

"What did it say?"

"You see for yourself"

I took the letter out of my bag and held it out for Grayson to see.

"Do you know what he means?"

"No, that is what I've been thinking about and the other thing is the camera but whatever."

He handed me the letter back.

"Thank you for telling me."

"No problem"

"If anything happens you know you can tell me right?"

"Of course, I should get going."

He nodded and straightened himself up as I walked away. I looked behind me and smile at Grayson.

This was short I know. I will write more over the weekend! I have a three-day long weekend so. I will definitely write!