Chapter 13

The weekend passed by in a blur and I was starting to feel hungry. I had Jameson's kiss in my mind.  His touch against my skin and his gentle lips on mine... What am I thinking? I have a boyfriend that I love!

School started today and I did what I usually did and I ate my small portion of food. I think that Libby and Avery started noticing as well. I jumped out of my chair and put it in the kitchen and I got ready for school. I buttoned my school uniform and slid the tie on I put my cardigan on and only secured the top button. I put the skirt on with tights and school shoes. I made my finishing touches with my make-up.

I had been avoiding the Hawthorne brothers and my boyfriend, I didn't need any of this. I took y bag and walked out the door. Oren led me to the SUV we were going to school in with Xander and Avery, then Jameson slipped into the car.m

"Morning" Jameson said cooly

"From when do you do school?" Xander asked

"Since today" He smiled in my direction and I gave him the pleasure of a small smile before turning away from him.

The car ride to my new school Country Day was just Avery and Jameson talking about something. Before we left the car Jameson decided to speak up.

"I hate to puzzle and run Mystery Girl but the last thing you want on your first day at Country Day is for anyone to see you getting cozy with me." He winked at me. Did he have something against my sister? What about me?

Xander stepped out of the car and so did I. I waited for Avery to get out but she stayed in the SUV talking to Oren a little bit before stepping out. I waved at Oren when he drove off.  I walked into school with Avery at my side.

"This is our life now"I whispered

"Yeah it is"

We were walking in the hallway when a girl appeared.

"I'm Thea," she said smiling "You two must be Avery and Amber. Why don't I show you to the office"

I nodded. She started talking about the principal while we were walking through the hallway, Avery seemed to be listening but I was just looking around the school. It was like a castle. Nothing like my high school back in Connecticut. 

"Okay thanks" I heard my sister say.

The girl Thea started talking about Celtic mythology. We continued walking and once we made it to the headmaster's office. The door opened and four boys filed out in a single file line.  All four were smiling and bleeding and one of them was Xander. He saw us and then he saw Thea.

"Thea," he said

"Xander looks like you lost"

"There are no losers in Robot Battle Death Match Fight Club" Xander explained "There are only winners and people whose robots sort of explode"

I was wondering what kind of person Xander was. How smart was he? Then I saw Avery's face she was thinking as well.

"I was just showing A&A to the office and giving them some insider tips on surviving Country Day"

"Charming! Avery, did the ever-delightful Thea Calligaris happen to mention that her uncle is married to my aunt?" he stopped for a moment and continued. "I hear Zara and your uncle are looking for ways to challenge the will." 

I thought about what Xander had said and took it as Don't trust Thea.

Thea shrugged and said "I wouldn't know"