Chapter 35

Avery had left the table and a few minutes after Grayson did as well. I decided to talk to Alisa.

"Alisa?"

"If this is about your birth certificate we haven't found anything yet."

"Why?"

"It is lost. We are checking everyone's files right now. It could take some time."

"Everyone?!"

"Of course, we aren't checking manually we are checking digitally with a software."

"I am going to go find Grayson. Any idea where he went?"

"The gallery."

"Thanks" I walked towards the gallery and Jameson walked out. "Hi Jameson"

"Hi Mystery"

"Sorry but now everyone knows that I am Avery's sister." He studied my outfit.

"You came here with Gray?"

"Yeah. Why are you jealous?"

"No just piecing things together."

"Good is Grayson in there?"

"I don't know. Is that blood on your hands?"

"Maybe it dried so it really doesn't matter does it."

"Whose blood?"

"Mine and someone else's"

"Grayson's"

"Yup"

"Why did you talk to your father?"

"I will tell you in a few days. Maybe two or three."

"Why not now?"

"Somethings are better left unsaid until it is needed."

"And it isn't needed right now?"

"No. Not to you at least."

"Then why Grayson?"

"I didn't tell him either the only person I have told and would ever tell for now Xander."

"Are you feeling better?"

"Just tired I guess because I took my medication but if I hadn't who knows what would happen?"

"What would happen?" A voice asked from behind me. I turned around and looked at Grayson. 

"I was just looking for you."

"Amber."

"Yeah"

"What were you talking about."

"He just asked if I was ok."

"Are you?"

"Yeah I took my medication and I need to talk to Xander. Where is he?"

Grayson and Jameson both pointed toward the table he was stuffing his face with food. I nodded my head at both of them and walked toward him. 

"Xander?"

"What's up?"

"What are the chances that your grandfather hid my birth certificate?"

"Why would he do that?"

"Part of the game"

"You're right but where would he hide it?"

"Did he like hiding things?"

"Yeah, but a house like Hawthorne house is full of hiding places."

"Jameson and Avery are going back to the blackwood tonight. Do you want to tell them? Or Avery?"

"We should. I'll invite Avery for a dance." He walked off in Avery's direction and asked her for a dance and I could see his lips moving. He was telling her. Grayson came to me. 

"Would you like a dance?"

"Of course" We stepped onto the dance floor and we waltzed. Did I love him? I kept asking myself. I made sure my moves were on point. I was a dancer after all. The song ended and I saw Avery leaving so I decided to leave as well and Grayson agreed. We got into the SUV and drove back home.

"Grayson?"

"Yes?"

"Avery and Jameson are going to look for the next clue by helicopter you should join them."

"Why aren't you?"

"I already know"