Chapter 23

Avery walked out of school and came toward me and Jameson. She was staring at how close we were.

"You have a boyfriend Amber."

We remained silent.

"Amber just needed someone"

"What happened?"

"There were rude notes in her locker."

She stood in front of me and hugged me. 

"Why didn't you tell me and tell him instead?"

"They were in my locker and I ignored them but Jameson noticed and put them in his pocket. Then he showed me a few minutes ago."

We walked towards the SUV and climbed in. I didn't say anything to Oren but Jameson did.

"Oren there is a threat."

"What kind of threat."

"Notes. They were in Amber's locker we don't know when they got there maybe first or second period."

"We'll look at this when we get back to the estate"

The car was quiet on the way home. Once we pulled up into the driveway I ran into the house before Oren could reach me and once I thought that I had lost him. Jameson grabbed my wrist.

"You don't need this"

"What don't I need?"

"Running away. You need me"

He brought me close and lifted my chin he kissed me and I kissed him back. Our lips were pressed together for a while before he pulled away smirking. 

"I don't know what I want or what I need," I said "As long as you are there"

I walked away and Oren had just found me.

"There you are"

"Yup just heading for my wing"

I walked into my room and texted Michael.

Amber: Hey

Michael: Are you back yet?

Amber: I am waiting for you in my room.

Michael: I am coming

Amber: What were you doing?

Michael: Exploring

Michael walked into the room and I hugged him. Did I love him? Did I need him? Would he protect me?

"What happened at school today?"

"Science, Dance and flex"

"Anything I should be worried about?"

"One thing but it has already been taken care of. There were rude notes in my locker."

"Ok. Thanks for telling me" Did he even care? Was he worried the same way Jameson was? Or protective like Grayson?

We went down for dinner and I ate some and went up the stairs I walked into the hallway and Grayson appeared out of nowhere.

"A little bird told me something happened at school."

"Maybe something did happen. Or maybe it didn't"

"You can tell me."

"Can I?"

"I'll always be there. You can tell me everything."

"There were rude notes at my locker most of them were about Avery and none of them had my name on them and I was called mystery sister but. They were mean some of them called me a sl*t and the others were just rude. I ignored them at first but Jameson noticed so he took them out of my locker and showed me when he found me studying in the library." I let out a whimper. "But it doesn't matter it is being handled. It never happened" Grayson put his hand on my shoulder.

"They can't hurt you. You have me. You have us. No one will hurt you. They don't mean it they are just jealous or they just feel threatened"

I nodded and walked away he was talking to Oren. Was Michael ever this way? Did he ever protect me? Put a hand on my shoulder?