Chapter 11: Katie

Chapter 11: Katie

Brad’s P.O.V

       I watched as Jack carried Alana out of the gym, I shook my head slightly. There was something going on between them and I knew it was not good. I didn’t know why I thought it was bad but whenever Jack is nice to someone it was never good. I don’t think it’s because of Alana’s dad.

       I felt something jab me in the back, making me take a step. I turned around ready to pound whoever just hit me but I saw a girl looking at me. I narrowed my eyes at. Who the hell is she? Wait, isn’t that Alana’s hot friend, Katie.

       “What are you doing?” I asked looking her straight in the eyes.

       “I’m Katie,” she said. her voice shaky. Her head snapped to the left and back to the right then at me. “At the end of school can you meet me at the back of the building?” I could sense the fear in her voice and in her eyes.

       “Brad and you get in line!” Coach yelled at us. I grabbed her arm harshly and pull her with me, I felt her flinch. I instantly let her go.  

       “Sorry,” I mumbled.

       “Will you please?” she asked. “I will even get on my knees and beg you.” Coach blew his whistle and everyone but us ran to get one of the balls. I stared at her eyes and face, looking for a hint or anything.

       “Why?” I asked with a raised eye brows.

       “It’s about Jack and Alana,” she blurted out and instantly covering her mouth. My back stiffened, Katie is Alana’s friend, Jack is my friend and from what I heard Katie apparently bitch slapped Alana and left. I don’t know if I can trust her but I have a feeling in my gut that I wanted to hear what she has to say so I nod my head.

       “Fine,” I tell her catching a ball, still looking in her eyes.

       I stood behind the building, running a hand through my hair. I sighed.

       “Brad?” a voice whispered to me, she sounded so broken. I turned slowly to her, not letting any emotion show. I could see a fresh bruise on the side of her face.

       “What happen to your face?” I asked. I could see the tears belt up in her eyes, she looked down at the ground not looking me in the eyes.

       “I-i-I,” she shuddered. “It, umm.” Her breath is now coming in a fast pant.

       “Spit it out, I don’t have all day,” I growled, my voice coming out tougher than I wanted it too, I saw her flinch. I didn't mean to be harsh, it was just instinct.

       “Y-your boss,” she said, taking a deep breath of air. “He said I needed to be a bitch to Alana and get her not to be my friend. He threatened my family, my dad!” she sobbing now. “He wants to kill Alana and her family! Anyone who gets in the way!”

       “You’re safe now,” I said softly. I slowly made my way to her and wrapped my arms around her small body. She sobbed into the shoulder of my shirt and I didn’t care that it was getting all wet.

       “No I’m not,” she whispered. “I can’t just wait for my best friend to die! I have to do something! We have to do something!” she started to hit me, I let her. My little sister used to do this. It helped her get her frustration out.

       “Shh, it will be ok. I promise,” I said stroking her hair.

       “H-h-he says if Jack gets in the way he is going to kill him too,” she told him. I felt my grip around her tighten. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

       “Let’s go to my place and we can talk about it more,” I said while grabbing her hand and pulling her to my car. Everyone is gone even some teachers.

       “My car,” She said, barely able to speak between sobs.

       “I’ll send Jango to get,” I said putting her in the passenger and buckling her up.

Katie’s P.O.V

           I sat at the round table with Brad and Jango. I couldn’t believe that I told him! If he finds out, I’m dead! More importantly my dad is dead too and I’ll have to watch him die knowing I caused it.

       “What are we going to do?” Jango asked, looking me straight in the eyes.

       “You guys don’t have to help,” I told them, breaking eye contact with him. I felt tears prick my eyes, I haven’t cried this much since my mom died.

       “We are helping,” Brad said, “Jack doesn’t care about a lot of people and he is taking care of Alana, I don’t know why but he is so that means nothing good can from it. He is already on the bosses shit list, he is going to get himself killed.”

       “Thanks,” I cocked out.

       “No problem babe,” Brad said a slight smile on his tan face.

       “He threatened your family?” Jango asked in a hard voice. I nodded my head. “He does that to everyone, the same threat but he means it. I’ve seen it happen before. Don’t worry Katie we got your back.”

       “Plus we get to kick the shit out of Conner!” Brad said fist pumping, I smiled and rolled my eyes. Jango and Brad high fived each other.

       “We need a plan,” Jango started. “First we need to get your family away from here, Katie.”

       “Well there is only my dad so it should be easy,” I said running a hand through my hair. I looked up expecting a look of pity from them but their faces showed nothing.

       “Ok, now you. We need to keep you safe and away from him but close to Alana,” Jango started.

       “You can stay here with me,” Brad offered.

       “Yes,” I said a little too quickly. “I mean sure, yeah I’m down with that.” I could feel my cheeks growing red from embarrassment. The boys left out a small chuckle.

       “Let’s get to sleep then you guys can take tomorrow off of school,” Jango suggested.  

       “Ya buddy!” Brad said doing a happy dance while I just nodded my head.