Chapter 13: I. Don't. Need. Help.

       I looked at my dress that is currently covered in puke. I closed my eyes tightly. I sat on the floor on my knees not daring to say one thing. I couldn't turn around and see my father’s disappointment or my mother’s face which was probably pissed off. I could already tell when I got home she would lecture me on how embarrassing I am.

       "Jack, go grab one of my workers outfits that Alana can change into," Miss McCarty demanded, I could hear the shock in her voice. Well, I did say I was going to be sick.

       I heard a chair sliding across the floor. I close my eyes tightly, this is so embarrassing!  

       "You coming?" Jack asked. I nodded my head. I slowly got up, making sure to use my hair as a curtain to cover my face. Embarrassment nestled itself in the pit of my stomach.

       The trip to the staff room felt like a million years. Everyone's eyes were still on me, except Jacks since he was leading me to the room. Once we got there I let out a sigh of relief.

       "Ya all right?" Jack questioned me, "You’re not going to puke on me?"

       "I'm feeling better," I lightly said.

       "Mhh, sure you are," he said rolling his eyes.

       "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him. He just shook his head but had that trade mark smirk.

       "Will this fit?" He asked. I looked over to him; he is holding a pale pink work dress. It looked about knee length.

       "Yea," I mumbled under my breath. I reached to take the dress but he pulled his hand back.

       "What do you say?" He taunted.

       "Please?" I asked, I put my Puss and Boots face on. He let out a small chuckle.

       "You stink," he stated. My face dropped and I glared at him.

       “You smell like weed," I stated. I wasn't kidding. Yet he looked sexy. This black leather jacket over a tight t-shirt or tank (I couldn't tell) with plain dark blue jeans. His black midnight hair swept over his forehead, but still showing his incredible green eyes. I bit my lip.

       "I'm a gangster remember?" He asked still smirking but there was something in his eyes. I rolled my eyes.

       "Imma go and change," I said walking away from him and into the bathroom, again.

       I quickly got dressed. It fit me but was a little big and by little I mean it was so big on me you almost couldn't tell I had boobs. I frowned. There was still puke in my hair.

       "Eww," I said wincing. I looked like a new baby born calf, one that just came out of its mother. I took a stand of my hair and put it in the sinks freezing cold water. I screamed. It was really cold.

       The door to the bathroom burst open. There stands Jango, Jack, and Katie. Jack and Jango had forks and knife in their hands.

       "What happened?" Jack asked. He searched the room for danger. Jango is doing the same, his blue eyes sweeping the area.

       "The water is cold," I told them, biting my lip.

       "We thought someone was hurting you," Jango spat out. He crossed his arms across his chest and inhaled air sharply into his flared nostrils.