Chapter 14: I'm so confused it makes me want to die in a hole

Chapter 14: I’m so confused it makes me want to die in a hole

       It’s been two whole months since they talked to me or even looked my way. I couldn’t help but feel nervous. I had a feeling that something was going to happen but I had no idea what. I couldn’t tell if it was a good thing they ignored me or bad but I do know that it kinds of hurts. I looked over to their lunch table to see most of them laughing except for Max who looked annoyed.

       “Alana,” an annoyed voice snapped, clapping their hands in front of my face.

       “Ok retarded seal, you can put your hands down,” I said slapping them out of my face.

       “You ok?” Miley asked.

       “Yea, you’ve been different these past months,” Tara said.

       “Don’t worry ‘bout me,” I said with a small smile on my face.

       “It’s them isn’t it?” Zane spit out.

       “Who?” I asked, my eyebrows rising.

       “The ‘bad boys’,” Zane said putting air quotes around bad boys.

       “Who?” I asked. Ok, I really feel dumb now.

       “Jack and his group,” Zane spit out with disgust. I rolled my eyes. Was he really not still over Jack beating him in the fight?

       “Oh you mean your man lover?” Miley asked, smirking at him.

       “If I was ever gay I wouldn’t go for an asshole like him,” Zane said crossing his arms. I moved my head to the side, he sounded like a girl.

       “You sure you’re not gay?” Tara asked her, blood red lips smirking.

       “Just leave them alone. Why are you always complaining about them?” Miley asked looking over to them to see that they are already looking at us, well more like me. I bit my lip while my face turned a light pink. This was the first time they looked at me since that conversation…

       “What the fuck do they want?” Zane growled as his right eye began twitching. Why was he so mad? I looked over to Jack to see him glaring at Zane. I swallowed, this isn’t good.

       “McCarty!” Zane yelled over the noise of the cafeteria which soon became scary quiet. I felt my hands start to shake, I didn’t need them fighting. If what Jack told me was true, I need him but if he is just a lying bastard, then I need Zane and the girls.

       “May I help you?” Jack's voice came out cold, bone chilling cold. My breath caught in my throat as Jack's eyes connected with mine.

       “Why are you looking over here? Actually why are you even here? Shouldn’t you be off screwing some slut?” Zane asked, grinning like he won. I knew better. Zane was not going to win; he is up against Jack who already beat him.   

       I needed to get out of there. I couldn’t watch the two of them because in the end I knew I would have to make a choice - hang out with Zane and his group or Jacks group. I really needed to find out of Jack was lying or not. I was a girl on a mission and there was no stopping me.

       I paced around my room. There had to be something I could do. Somebody I could call. I huffed and threw myself onto my bed. Why was this so hard? We just had to move again didn’t we?

       “Alana?” My mother call, knocking on the door of my room.

       “Yes?” I asked grumpily.

       “You skipped school today?” Her irritated voice asked.

       “Half of the day.” Like that was going to make it any better.

       “We are not going to go back down that road,” my mother said, barging into my room, her face beat red. “When will you change? You give this family a bad name.” My eyes widen at her words.

       “W-w-what?” I stuttered out.

       “I can’t deal with it!” She screeched. There goes my hearing.

       “Deal with what?!”

       “You! Your dad! I’m leaving and will be back whenever!” With that my mother stormed out of the room leaving me shocked. Where the hell did that come from? I’m so confused. Well we could add that to my list of I’m so freaking confused it makes me want to die in a hole. Can life be any more complicated?

You ain't from my hood

You ain't with my click

We representing that scandal like that trigga click

You don't like me

I don't like you

       “Hello,” I answered. Who the hell was calling me with a private number?

       “Nice ringtone,” A low disgusting voice growled.

       “Umm, thanks?” I said but it sounded more like a question. “Who is this?”

       “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

       “Yean, I would,” I snapped. This dude is getting on my nervous. “Listen man-.”

       “Settle down there kitten.”

       “What did you just call me?”

       “Kitten,” He said putting a lot of tension on the word. I felt a disgusted shiver run down my back.

       “Don’t call me that,” I growled at him. This man made me disgusted.

       “Watch your back,” He told me.

       “What?” I asked.

       “Meet me down at the café on Elm Street, tomorrow at nine. Be there or else.” I snorted and rolled my eyes.

       “Nice prank,” I told him. The phone line went dead. Well here is another thing that lands on my list.