Chapter 17: I'm not good at this ok?

Chapter 17: I’m not good at this ok?

       As I bounced up to his house trying not to burn my poor feet  I felt my hands get sweaty. I was nervous, really nervous. I don’t apologize to people then ask them to help me get back at some gang leader. When I got up to the house I could see the welcome mat was fading. Just knock on the door you little chicken shit. I brought my hand up to knock on the door but it opened fast. My eyes widened. An old lady in her seventies stood at the door with an annoyed facial expression.

       “What can I do for you?” She snapped. I thought old ladies were supposed to be nice, well except for my grandma.

       “Is Jack here?” I asked. I felt like I was at the totally wrong house. She narrowed her eyes at me. She pointed to the house across the street then slammed the door in my face. Never thought I’d say that an old lady is a bitch but that old lady was a bitch. I looked across the street at the house she pointed at.

       You know what, just because she was a bitch I left my car in her driveway. As I danced across the street trying not to burn my poor feet, I got to Jacks house. Ok now you’re at his house Alana you need to grow so balls. Like elephant size balls.

       As I knocked on the door, I could feel my pride slipping away. I waited for what felt like a million years which is only like a minute in reality. The door swung open revealing a tired looking young girl. She had to be only seven or younger.

       “Cassy, what did I tell you about opening up doors!” I heard Jack yell and his footsteps echoing in the house.

       “Don’t worry Jack, it is just a pretty girl,” Cassy yelled. I felt myself blush. If anything, I looked like I crawled out of the garbage. Jack appeared behind Cassy. His eyes widened when he realized it was me.

       “Cassy, go play with your dolls,” Jacks said still staring me in the eyes.

       “Jack, why is there a girl at the door?” Cassy asked. Her big doe eyes looking so innocent. I bit my lip.

       “Cassy go now,” He ordered. Cassy huffed and stomped away. I couldn’t help the little smile that made its way to my face, she was so cute.

       “Why are you here?” Jack asked. His eyes hardened as he looked at me. The smile disappeared. I just looked at him like an idol for about five minutes then finally tears started to roll down my checks. His eyes widened.

       "Please Jack, I'm sorry," I begged him. I knew I looked like shit while he looked like a Greek god. The tears are now coming faster.  "I was wrong!"

       "Alana? What happened?" Jack asked in a steady voice.

       "S-she dead," I told him, letting a cry come from my lips.

       "Who?" He asked. I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to think about it. That’s when I heard a few gun shots in the distance.  

       "Jack?" I asked. My eyes widened.

       "Get inside," he demanded, grabbing my arms and pulling me into his house. Once inside his house, he locked the door. He grabbed my arm and pulled me through the small living room. Then we entered another room where Cassy was playing.

       “Cassy, come here,” Jack ordered. Cassy came over, Jack grabbed her arm and grabbed mine and we went down stairs. Jack opened another door that had more stairs then a small light at the bottom. Jack made us go in then he went, locking the door behind us.

       I was honestly scared shitless.

       Once we reached the bottom on the never ending stairs, Jack sat on the ground. Cassy followed him and so did I. We sat in quiet until the sound of gun shots hitting the house made Cassy scream. Jack lunged at her slamming his hand over her mouth. I slowly backed away from them. I could feel Jacks eyes following my every move. Once in a corner, I felt safer.

       “Jack,” I whispered, my eyes meeting his. My tears were slowly stopping.

       “What?” Jack asked. I should barely hear him over the gun shots that didn’t scare me anymore.

       “My mother,” I said, not meeting his eyes. The tears coming out of my eyed slowed a bit.

       “What about her?” I kept crying, not answering him. I couldn't believe I was so weak. “Alana, you got to tell me.” I shook my head no.  “Alana, I’m not good with emotions so I don’t know what to say. Alana answer me!”

       “He killed her.” My voice cracked at the end. Jacks eyes darkened a little bit and then he stood up. You could see the anger coming off of him. He slammed his fist in the concrete wall.

       “Fucking, mother trucker!” He yelled grabbing his hand.

       “You said a bad word,” Cassy said her eyes wide. Jack's eyes widened.

       “No he didn’t,” I said, saving Jacks ass.

       “Yes he did,” Cassy argued.

       “He said mother trucker. How is that bad?” I asked her.

       “No, he said the f word,” Cassy said nodding her head.

       “No, you must be hearing thing,” I told her.  Everything after that was quiet. No one dared to say anything. The shooting had stopped but we didn’t know if the shooters had left.

       We had to been down here for about an hour, still in silence except for Cassy saying she was hungry.  It was really annoying. DING! My phone went off from inside my bra. Huh. I totally forgot I had it.  I could have been playing doodle jump!

       I looked down on the screen and saw I had three messages; one from my dad, another one from Katie, and another form that one creepy guy. The one creepy guy who probably was just shooting at this house.

Dad: Where the hell ARE YOU!!!!!???!!!

Katie: Are you ok?? Are you alive?

Creepy Guy: Running to Jackie? Wow, you really are a coward… P.S you mother was really pretty.

       That fucking asshole. We needed revenge and soon.

       “You had your phone this whole time and didn’t tell me?” Jack growled.

       “Yup,” I said, “Are you going to help me get revenge or not?”