Chapter 16: I need to stop with the lists!!

        “And that is why the World War II started,” My history teacher drawled on, not noticing that no one  was paying attention. I grounded and rubbed my face. I hate school, I fucking hate school. I could make a list.

        “Ms. Cooper am I boring you?” She asked. I nodded, too lazy to talk. “Well have fun in detention later today.” She walked over to her desk to fill out a plain pink pass. Oh stupid pass made me remember my wig. You will always be in my heart. I was tempted to put my hand over my heart but then decided against it as the teacher came stalking towards me.

        She tracked through the desk even bumping against some of the kids’ stuff making it fall. Her frizzy grey hair made her look funnier. Who could ever take her serious? Not me. I bit my chapped lips to keep me from laughing. All I needed was another detention. I snapped out of my thoughts as she slammed the paper on my desk.  

        I scowled at it not sure if I was going or not. I kept my mouth close the rest of class nor did I roll my eyes. The bell rang loudly behind me making me cringe. Come on Alana two more class and there with Jack… Maybe I can go down to the nurse.

        Well I didn’t get to go to the nurse during either of  the classes but that wasn’t what was on my mind, I had to pee really badly. I bolted from class, not giving a shit to get the math homework. I ran down the hall like my ass was on fire. I bumped into about eight million people. That might be a bit exaggerated but it had to be close. I bolted into the bathroom noticing that there was only one stall left.

        After I was done with my long ass pee I saw red converses waiting for me. They repeatedly tapped and it was annoying. Opening the door, I saw it was Kate standing there with her arms crossed. I gulped that something wasn’t good.  My lips twitched as I walked to the white sinks. I could feel her burning stare. I forced myself to look in the mirror, my brown hair was pin straight and has grown since I started to go to this school. I had on a little make-up; eye liner and mascara. My skin looked tanner but it was from the lights.

        “Be careful,” Kate said. Her blue eyes connected with mine in the mirror.

        “What?” I asked with raised eyebrows. She screwed me over and was telling me to be careful.  This girl was bipolar. Like you’re not, a voice said in the back of my head.

        “You heard me.” After that Kate left. I stared at her retreating for a few minutes.  I swallowed and close s my eyes. Well that goes to my list of I don’t fucking get it.

        “Alana there you are!” Miley yelled walking in.  I looked at her with a confused look on my face. “You were not at your locker and you freakin’ ran out of class.”

        “I had to pee,” I said shrugging.  Miley laughed and took out her phone, most likely texting the others that she found the missing person.

        School was boring and so was detention. Detention was really awkward because it was only Jack and I, well of course the teacher too. Jack didn’t even glance my way even though every ten seconds I was looking at him. I bet he knew I was looking at him. He must have thought I was a creep. I groaned and slammed my hands on the kitchen counter.

        I turned around and grabbed a pop tart. Yummy. Just as I sat down, my phone started ringing I let out an irritated scream but got up anyways. I stomped over to the phone and looked at the caller ID. It was my dad.

        “Hello?” I answered.

        “I-i-its you mother,” he said with a shaky voice.

        “What about her?” I asked. I could feel my heart speeding up. The thump, thump of my heart was making me ready to vomit.

        “She is d-d.”

        “She is what?!”

        “Dead,” he choked out. I couldn’t breathe, no this wasn’t happening. I couldn’t feel my heart beating fast anymore, I could not feel anything. Before I knew it, I was throwing up all over. Shaking violently I hanged up on my dad. Fuck, I should have listened to Jack. That goes onto the list You Stupid Bitch.  Seriously, at a time like this I was making a list. I need to make a list on how to stop making list.

        Damn it there I go again…

        I shakily stood up and walked over to the keys. There was only one option to do right now. Ok, fine there was two but I’m going with the first option. I’m not going to see my dead mother. I was going to see Jack. Hopefully he won’t slam the door in my face or say I told you so.  I took a deep breath. not giving two shits what I looked like and walk to my car.

        As I turned the key, a song came bursting through the speakers- Good To You by Marianas Trench. Even though there was tearing coming from my eyes, this song put a smile on my face.

“I thought I saw a sign'

Somewhere between the lines

Or maybe it's me, maybe I only see what I want

And I still have your letter

Just got caught between someone I just invented

Who I really am

And who I've become

And now I do want you to know I hold you up above everyone

And I do want you to know I think you'd be good to me, and I'd be so good to you”

        Before I knew it, I was at Jacks house. The tears had stopped somewhat by then but my heart felt like it was being ripped out of my body. I gulped. I opened the door and stepped out. The concrete burned my bare feet. I was in such a rush I forgot about shoes. Now that can go to the list You Stupid Bitch.

        Damn it I started again.