Chapter 2

Warning: This is a loooong chapter. I think I got carried away while writing this. Sorry, I just had to add some deets! Sorry in advance if there are errors! I'm open for feedback! 😊
--------------------------------------

Yume's POV

I was setting up my position as I was about to execute my next jump - a triple axel.

Building up speed.
.
.
I then threw myself in the air. After spinning three and a half times, I prepared for my landing. The moment I landed on the ice, I had my fingers crossed that I was going to land it perfectly.

Sure enough, I landed it but I lost a little balance and reached my arms out and touched the ice.

Oops! That wasn't nice. After that landing, I almost lost focus on everything that followed.

Overall, I finished my short program but, again, I wasn't satisfied. It wasn't a clean program for me.

I gotta work hard on my free skate..

After today's competition, I didn't talk to anyone. I just changed and headed back to my hotel room.

I wasn't sleepy but I just lay on top of my bed. Then, I cried. I felt horrible. Ruining my short program in front of all those people really brought down my mood.

I should do something about this. I must practice harder...

I said to myself despite all the tears that were coming out of your eyes.

I then set an alarm for tomorrow. 5am. That should do it.

I was planning to practice early tomorrow with no one else around. Slowly, I drifted to sleep.
.
.
.
.
*beep* *beep* *beep*

What? It's already time to wake up? Coach must be kidding.

I slowly opened my eyes and grabbed my phone.

The alarm read: "Wakey wakey. Gotta practice!".

My sleepy eyes suddenly turned into fully-awake eyes as I remembered everything. I quickly got up and went to the bathroom to fix myself. When I was done, I packed my training essentials and headed to the rink. Time check: 5:30am.

Good. A little me-time.

I passed by a coffee shop and couldn't deny the fact that I'm hungry. I didn't even have dinner last night. I decided to buy my personal favorites, a Strawberry Frappe and some cheesecake, to chow down for a while. When I was stuffed, I finally headed to the rink.
.
.
.
I have been practicing for more than an hour now.

Are they even worried about me back there? Nah. Practice makes perfect.

I chuckled a bit and continued practicing.

I tried my triple axel again and again until it seemed so easy.

Why in the world did I even mess up that one?

Well, I think that's enough. I should go back to the hotel now.

I checked my phone. 9 messages and 15 missed calls. Woah, wait a second. What's this?

8 missed calls from Yuzu.
7 missed calls from Coach.
And 9 messages from some of my friends.

The thought of their messages were the same. They all say "Where are you?".

I checked the time again and it was 7:45am.

Oops! My bad. I think I practiced a little too long that everyone missed me! Just kidding..
.
.
.
Carrying my stuff, I entered the hotel. When I was about to enter the main lobby, I heard a group of people noisily discussing something. I heard them talking and worrying about something, so I decided to peek and listen. The thing is, they were worried about me! They really thought I was missing! I saw coach sitting on a couc, looking a bit teary-eyed. I was really touched that some people were worried about me and I was just practicing out there. I decided to sneak in on an elevator that was out of their sight and head back to my room.