Chapter 5

(Chapter 5 onwards, Yume will only speak in Japanese if I say so {which is rarely}. Her default language is now English. Wahahaha! 😈✌️)

Again, I know it's poorly written.. And sorry for some mistakes!

----------------------------

Yume's POV

The sound of beeping machines can be heard. The touch of conditioned air can be felt. Silence lingered all over the place.

I painfully opened my eyes, seeing light from above.

Am I dead?

I tried to move a muscle but I felt a sudden jolt of pain all over my body. I gave up on getting up and just scanned the place. I'm in the hospital..

So.. I lived, or I just woke up from a bad dream?

My thoughts were disturbed when the door opened and a nurse entered my room.

"Oh, you're finally awake." The nurse said in English.

English? Where am I?

"Uuhhh... Where.. am.. I?" I said slowly in English.

Being the daughter of two world class people, I was taught important things in life. And one of those things is the universal language which is English.

"Oh, I see. It's great that you can somehow manage to talk.. You're currently admitted in The California Hospital Medical Center. Locals found you washed up ashore. What happened to you? Do you know any person that you can contact?" The nurse said sympathetically.

"Uhhmm.. Do, you, have, telephone?"

"Oh sure. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to call me." She said as she handed me the phone and left.

I try my best to recall the phone number of mom's best friend, that, as far as I know, lives in the USA. She is very close to mom because of business.

My hands shake as I type the number.

*ring*

May it be the right number...

*ring*

Please...

*ring*

Please answer it...

*ring*

"Hello?" The sound of a woman's voice greeted me.

"Uhhhmmm... Is, this, Ms. Lelievré?" I slowly say in accented english.

"Yes, it's me. How may I help you?" The voice on the other line said.

I suddenly cried. It's her! I really just needed somebody to talk to.

"Hello?" She said.

"Aunt Felicia... It's me... Yume Ikehara..." I said while sobbing.

"Y-Yume!? Is that really you!? Wait, I'm coming. Where are you, dear?" She asked.

I told her about my location and and situation, and she couldn't believe that she was really talking to me so she immediately rushed to the hospital where I'm in.

Ms. Felicia Lelievré is the owner of F&L, a well-known clothing line. She and mom met each other at a business meeting when she was just starting out.

When she saw me in the hospital, she burst into tears and hugged me. She told me about the plane crash being all over the news and that it was said that nobody survived so she couldn't explain how happy she was when she found out that I was alive.

"Nobody survived? Does that mean...?" I couldn't continue because when she nodded, I felt like I lost my ability to speak.

I just cried and cried for hours after realizing that my parents are now gone - all because of somebody's evil exploit.

I can't imagine how evil those people are!

After letting it all out, I wanted to become stronger, braver, and give justice to whoever did this to my family.

And that's when I came to a very very very crazy and surreal decision.

"Aunt Felicia, I want to be someone else... I-I want to hide my true self... and... and...." I trailed off because I was still crying so hard.

"And give justice to my parents' deaths..." I continued.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

I just nodded.

"Even if it means forgetting about your old self...?" She added.

I went silent for a while.

I thought of everything and everyone that I will leave behind.. Junior World Champion... Yuzu... Coach... Japan..

But my parents...

"Yes. I'm sure."

"Okay, dear. Anything you want. It also hurts me when I look at you. I can't live normally seeing that you're hurt.. Your doctor said that you have a broken nose, a little burn in the exteriors of your eye, and severe burns in your face. Fortunately, the rest of your body wasn't hurt that much.." Aunt Felicia said sadly.

"Thanks, auntie. I really mean it. I want to change my appearance... and who I am... For justice must be served."

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😆😋

-------------------------

Ohmyyyyy. What did I just do???? Oh well. Thanks for reading!