1 | Drunken Mistake

Prince "Robert's" POV

What did I get myself into? 

That has become the question that defines my daily life. How did I - an 18 year-old high-school senior, land himself in a position like this?

Extreme amounts of responsibility, an entire community breathing down my neck, and don't get me started on that whiny, spoilt-brat of a Princess I call my wife. My parents really did screw me over with this arranged marriage bull...

"So you're still not emotionally attached with me to give me what I want Robert?" she makes her way into the kitchen with a scowl plastered on her face.

"I told you that 5 minutes ago Victoria, do you think I grew any closer to you between then and now?" I fire back, making her eyes grow wide.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that Robert! The fact that you married me doesn't mean I'm not your Princess anymore!" Whiny. "And it's clear that they never told you that, what the Princess wants she gets." Bloody spoilt brat!

"Listen, I don't understand how you can stand in front of me and confidently say that, but I'll have you know that you can't be so entitled over my body..."

"But we're married!" she interjects. "And married people aren't afraid to be intimate with one another!"

At this point, my shoulders sag in defeat as I know arguing with this girl will only make me look as crazy as her.

"You know what, forget it" she scoffs and scurries out of the kitchen.

"Trouble in paradise already?" someone jokes from behind me, and I don't even have to turn to know its my older sister Sophie.

I chuckle at her comment, "More like it was never paradise to begin with."

"Woah, that's harsh" she laughs. "But what was all that about?"

If it were any other person, I'm quite certain I would have told them off for eavesdropping on a clearly personal conversation. But Sophie isn't just any other person. She's my second best friend - the first one being my stupid brother who's life I'm living now...

"Hey! You still in there?" Sophie snaps her fingers in front of my face. "I could literally see the wheels turning in your head, Your Highness."

"Urgh, don't call me that Soph" she laughs. "I was just thinking about how I wouldn't be faced with this if Joshua hadn't left" I add. making her sigh.

"But you know that even if he stuck around, he wouldn't have been allowed to marry the Princess after what he did to that kid in his class. He bullied him for years. I can tell you now that the Montgomery's wouldn't have wanted to associate themselves with him, even if he was their last resort."

"I still think there's more to that story..." I say calmly.

"Believe whatever makes you sleep at night bud" she shrugs. "Any who, I can tell that your Queen left you quite tense. How about I ask one of the companions here to show you around our territory? The settlement of Goldfleece is so much prettier than Quinnston..."

"Let your parents hear you say that" I interject, making her chortle.

"They can't do anything to me! I am the Princess of Goldfleece and they're in my territory. They would be dead before they even try a thing."