2 | Monsters Alike

Prince "Robert's" POV

Monday - 06:23AM

That is what my stupid bedside clock read. Excuse me for my anger towards the clock - but this poor devil interrupted the few hours of peace I had, so I'm bound to at least be a tad bit angry at it. 

Ever since that encounter on Saturday with that hazel-eyed boy from school (don't kill me for my lack of better adjectives to describe the young fella), I've been a literal zombie. 

After running for what felt like an eternity, my knees finally gave out when I reached the gates of the palace - and I was almost killed because they thought I was an assassin sent to murder the royal family. Stupid guards and their stupid judgment. 

But, I must express that I did wonder for a moment, if dying would be so bad considering that I've royally messed up this time around. 

I mean, if the news of my little escapade got out in some way, I can already tell you that the condemnation I will be subjected to by family and community is out of this world...

"You're up already?" Victoria asks from beside me, and a little part of me tells me to pretend to be asleep, but I just remember that will come across to her as an invitation to cuddle me and literally use me as her bed. 

"Yep" I respond, immediately rolling out of bed to avoid any further contact.

"So you're really serious about going to school with the commoners?" she asks. "I mean, the opportunity to stay here and be home-schooled with me is still on the table." And that everyone, is exactly why I chose not be home-schooled.

"I'm certain Victoria" I answer decisively.

"I don't know how you manage. I can only imagine being in a classroom with a bunch of commoners" she shivers, as if the thought made her extremely uncomfortable. Damn, hearing her voice makes me want to shiver. 

"I should probably go prepare" I add, before excusing myself.

*****

Under normal circumstances, I would define this as panic...but these my good friends, these are no normal circumstances. 

For the past two days I have thought about nothing else but this moment, but now I've learnt the hard way that: no amount of mental preparation could've prepared me for this. 

The day I would go back to Quinnston High after my encounter with the hazel-eyed boy. How will I act when I see him? How should I act when I see him? That's if I'll see him at all.

I mean, I did see him at Goldfleece on Saturday, so maybe he got a transfer and he's no longer enrolled in this school. But is that good or bad? Because if that's the case - and he spills the beans, he's too far away for me to be able to give him a piece of my mind. 

Or I can just send him a message via the app. THE APP!

I've been too preoccupied - stressing over this exact moment that I totally forgot to delete the bloody app! Do I even want to delete the app? Seriously, would it be so bad to just follow the agenda and say I'm gay - maybe that will get me out of this bloody marriage I'm stuck in...

My train of thought is cut short when my phone pings, and I take it out of my pocket only to be met with a message - containing the words that everyone dreads to hear.

Dad: We need to talk. 

This message has me sweating bullets immediately, "Oh goodness, I need to find this guy." I say out loud.

I walk into the school - and I must say, this is the one time I appreciate the power ascribed to being a royal, because everyone moves out of the way at my sight.

I rush through the corridors aimlessly because I'm looking for someone who's classes I don't know, who's friends I don't know, who's bloody name I don't know. 

The only thing I know about him is that he has hazel eyes and goes to the same school as I do. Nothing more, nothing le...Wait a minute.

I stop in my tracks when I see a short young-man across the corridor. He 's rummaging through his locker but I can see that he has dark brown locks and I'm kind of thinking its the culprit.

And right on cue, he closes his locker and turns his head - and our eyes meet momentarily, before he scurries off towards the opposite direction. My heart jumps in joy at the excitement of being able to deal with this mess once and for all - so I run after him.

"Hey!" I yell, gathering some attention in the process. "Wait up!"

He stops in his tracks, but so does everybody else. 

I can already feel the rumors simmering. I am certain before the end of the day everyone will know that the Prince of Quinns was chasing after a commoner, but in this moment - I couldn't care less.

I reach him and pat his shoulder. He turns around but keeps his head down.

"Hey, would you look at me please" I ask, to no avail. "I just really want to talk and I can't if I can't see you" I ask again, to once again - no avail. So, I do what I at least regarded as the next best thing in my head - but regretted it immediately after doing it.

I place my hand under his chin and push his head up...roughly. 

That earns me some gasps from the crowd, and I freeze. Now with everyone's eyes on me, as well as the hazel-eyed boy's, I just stood in place for a moment. Completely frozen, before regaining my composure.

"Uhm...yeah, I j-just wanted to talk to you about the...about what happened on Saturday" I stammer over my words.

"Yes, Your Majesty" and oh sweet baby angel, his bloody voice. I don't think I've ever heard such a soft spoken young man before.

"I just wanted to explain what happened that day...I'm not what you think I am..." I try to clarify. "So yeah, I would appreciate it if you didn't mention it to anyone."

"Yes, Your Majesty" he says, before flushing and once again diverting his gaze to the floor. "May I be excused, I'm getting really late for my class?"

"Sure, you can go" I release him, in the softest voice I could possibly muster (don't ask me why, because I also have no idea), and he runs off at my command.

Goodness I was preparing myself for a really nasty encounter, but that really went better than I expected...

"Is he bullying that boy?" someone says from the crowd, bringing me back to reality. "Did you see how he pushed his head up? Did you see how terrified that boy was? He's exactly like his brother..."

**********

And that everyone was the second chapter.

We are slowly stepping into the Prince's bonds - with the Princess (Victoria), his parents, his brother and the hazel-eyed boy.

I hope you enjoyed this much like I enjoyed writing it.

See you in the next Chapter!