17 | Stolen Love

Prince "Robert's" POV

The entire journey back to the settlement was as uncomfortable as one could be. 

Not only was I still in a state of sheer dread for what was most certainly to come in the near future; but I was also deeply annoyed by Victoria's chirpy voice - as she squealed and giggled at the thought of becoming the Queen.

If I wasn't inside the Courtroom with her - I would have for certain thought she took drugs when she was in there. 

Just thinking about the fact that she was balling her eyes just moments ago, for her father that escaped death by the skin of his teeth - here she is, bouncing up and down like a kid that had too much candy, all because of the excitement that came with the reality that she would be the most influential person in all of Quinnston.

"Oh my goodness, I need to bring in the tailor so we can get our attires for the coronation ready" she beams - staring off into space.

"Isn't it a little bit too early for that?" I know I have been ignoring her existence all this time, but the excitement was beginning to concern me - so I had to ask.

"Didn't you hear the Chairperson? He said they'll decide on the date of our coronation very soon and they'll reach out to us as soon as they do."

"But you do know that doesn't mean that the coronation will be anytime soon" I try to reason, to no avail.

"They'll have to make it soon, I'll make sure of that. I mean, the settlement is functioning without a leader at this moment - so they need to take that into account and give us the throne already" she explains hurriedly, before clapping her hands while the biggest smile remained plastered on her face.

"Oh I'm so excited!" she exclaims, and I once again try my level best to shut her out.

Seeing her so chirpy makes me feel uneasy, and I don't know how much longer I can tolerate being in the car with her giggling as she hops about some more. Gosh, I really do need to see Nathaniel right now...

*****

Seeing Nathaniel for the first time today sure as hell deflected my mind from the reality that I had to slowly but surely come to terms with - Victoria becoming the Queen, unfortunately.

Because as soon as my eyes landed on those hazel orbs, and the smile that rose on his face immediately upon seeing me standing outside his cell, was enough to lift my spirits. 

I mean, the lighting in these dungeons isn't the best - but I could still see how his eyes glistened under the dim lights, I could still see his undeniable beauty - irrespective of the nasty gash that still remained on his forehead, as well as a few other bruises that Cleopatra has been helping him take care of.

"Hi" he greets sweetly.

"Hey. I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier, you know we had to go to the Hillwood."

"Yeah, don't worry" he smiles. "I'm actually kind of glad that you had that trip because it gave me plenty of time to think."

"Woah, that's a little bit harsh, don't you think?" I joke, as he flushes at my comment and his gaze moves over to the floor. "But what is it you were thinking about?"

"Oh, it's stupid" he says dismissively, awakening the persistent side in me as I now had a personal objective of finding out exactly what he was thinking about.