4 | A Sweet Search

Prince "Robert's" POV

I've been ignoring my wife like the plague.

Since I had that conversation with my parents a few days back, I have made it a personal quest to try and stay out of everyone's sight as much as humanly possible, but more especially the mastermind behind that conversation - Victoria.

I've slept on the couch, in guest suites, for goodness sake, I slept outside once, and as painful as my body was when I woke up, I was beaming with joy because it was one of the few times I truly got to enjoy a night's rest without a person latching themselves to me - almost as if their life depended on it.

I've also been avoiding my parents because after the conversation I had with them, it is quite clear that they sold me off. They made sure that I was the best candidate to marry the Princess because they knew that that would impact them as well.

That is why as soon as the wedding happened shortly after my 18th birthday, they put our old home on the market - and we immediately moved into the Royal Palace. They were yearning to live the life that they do - and I was their ticket to that life, but at what cost.

Yes, they get to live the life they've always wanted, but is it worth it to suffer like this for the benefit of other people that clearly don't give a damn about me? I'm afraid that is a question I am not yet ready to answer.

See, after the whole ordeal with the departure of my brother - my parents drilled the idea that I should not disappoint them so deep in my head, that irrespective of the situation I find myself in, I still can't stomach the thought of possibly disappointing them.

I know they don't care about how I feel, but I care so much about what they think and I'm afraid where that'll land me in the future. I mean, look at where it's already landed me; a wife I don't love, a life I never wanted and attention that I didn't seek.

But through all that I still keep up a façade because I know that that is what will make them happy...

Any who, on a sad but lighter note, I haven't seen the hazel-eyed boy since the last time we spoke. I've been keeping my eye out for him but it's almost as if he's disappeared into thin air. 

I have been meaning to apologize to him for the way I treated him on Monday, but he's just gone. 

I have also come uncomfortably close to just sending him a message on the app (yes, I still have the app), but I don't think it'll be as sincere over the phone as it would be in person. Plus, there's been this weird itch I've been feeling since I last saw him...

When I go to school in the morning I am often pumped with excitement at the thought of seeing him again; but when I leave afterschool, and I didn't see him - I can't help but feel a tad bit disappointed. 

I don't know why his absence affects me so, because I did not know who he was before that night at Goldfleece. 

But, since today is the last day of the school before the weekend, I hope he'll be in today so that I can properly apologize...it's the least I can do to try and make things right.

*****

He wasn't at school. 

The last bell of the day just rang and once again it seems like he was absent. I mean, I tried to make rounds around the school - I looked in the cafeteria and the sports grounds during lunch - to no avail. 

I really hoped to see him so I could give him the apology he deserves, but I guess I'll have to live another day beating myself up over the fact that I may have been rough with such a gentle human being...

"Sorry" someone says after I bumped into them, knocking over their books.

I immediately squat and collect the person's books, "I'm sorry I should've been paying more at..." Holy Mother of King Edward IV, it's him! It's the hazel-eyed boy.

I immediately feel a smile make its way onto my face, as I remain squatted while staring up at the boy before me, "I've been looking for you."

"Oh" he flushes and stares at the floor "what did I do to deserve that your Majesty?"

"Oh-uh, you know" I stand "I just wanted to apologize for being rough with you on Monday."

His eyes immediately shoot up to meet mine, as if he didn't expect that, "Oh, it's nothing to worry about your Majesty."

"And I guess I'm also sorry for knocking your books over" I express sincerely.

"Thank you Sir" he says, "I'm really sorry if I'm not being polite, but I really need to leave, I still have a long distance to walk" he adds, making me a tad bit disappointed.

"Oh, alright. You, can leave."

"His Majesty is still holding my books" he explains, with a little chuckle. Oh my goodness, how can a person be so sweet and adorable. Just seeing and hearing him makes me wanna beam.

"Oh, how foolish of me" I smile at him, handing him his books.

"Thank you" he shoots me a smile of his own, before waving goodbye and turning to leave.

"Hey!" I call out, making him stop in his tracks - before returning to stand before me.

"Yes, your Majesty?"

"What's-what's your name?"

"My name?" he questions as if he wasn't sure I really asked him for his name. "I'm Nathaniel Sir, Nathaniel Palmer." Such a beautiful name.

"Well it was very nice meeting you Nathaniel."

"Likewise" he says quickly, before turning away and scurrying off, leaving me with a massive smile on my face. Believe me, you would also have a massive smile if you saw just how flustered he was - he's really adorable. Too adorable for his own good, but I'm not there.

My mind has wandered off to a whole entire different sphere - how could I have been so stupid? Almost all of the books that he dropped when I bumped onto him were about Chemistry. 

He's a chemistry geek and there I was looking for him on the sports grounds, he was probably in the library - studying way too much for his own good...

Goodness gracious - what is it about Nathaniel that has me so smiley? I think to myself before shaking my head, and also seeing my way out. 

I hope this boy is not going to bring any more problems in my life...

**********

And that everyone, was the fourth Chapter of the story.

I was really excited to put this one out here because I wasn't as satisfied with the last Chapter - but I hope this one made up for it since we finally got to see a longer interaction between the Prince and Nathaniel.

Please don't forget to vote and comment on the story, I really enjoy reading all of your thoughts, and I appreciate the engagement.

I'll try to post once again as soon as I can.

See you in the next Chapter!