Eight

Evan huffs as he climbs up the hill, his crossbow across his back.

He sees the limo pull into the driveway of the large Manor.

He sees Jord get out and open the door, then he sees Melanie floating out of it and he gasps.

"I knew it."he says.

Suddenly, Jord turns around, looking in Evans direction.

He jumps and quickly ducks down. After a bit he looks back up, seeing them all walking into the house.

He gets up, running towards the back of the house.

....

After entering silently through the back door, Evan fucks down behind the kitchen counter.

He hears the booming voice of Vlad from the living room.

"I'm so happy, Jordan. I have everything I'll ever need."Vlad says as Evan slowly makes his way towards the voice, arming himself.

"I'm happy for you sir."Jord says.

"Yes yes, I have my dear servants and friends. My beloved rosalie.-"he chuckles a bit before speaking again as Evan slowly rounds the corner.

"And the cherry on top, dear Jordan? A new..Van Helsing..plaything.."

Suddenly Evan feels himself being watched and he stops all movement.

He hears a menacing chuckle from above and slowly looks up. There, he sees Shiloh with a twisted smile, her sharp nails grappling her to the ceiling.

She lets out another chuckle as she begins slowly crawling down the walls.

She bends backwards off the wall and then stands up straight bearing her sharp claws and teeth.

"Awwe..another little Van Helsing spawn...yummy.."she says with a sinister smile as Evan points the crossbow at her.

"My mouth still waters at the memory of yours sister's blood."Shiloh says menacingly.

"Now now, we shouldn't torment our newest member, Shiloh."Vlad says, stepping out of the shadows.

Instantly, Evan turns the crossbow towards Vlad and fires. Shiloh, in the blink of an eye zips over and catches the arrow before it touches Vlad.

But she hisses, instantly dropping it and soothing her burning fingers.

"Vervain, Master."Shiloh says.

"Clever boy. Just like his grandfather. Although, I'm sure the professor would be rather disappointed that this is what his bloodline turned into."Vlad says as Evan loads the crossbow again, shooting.

This time, Vlad catches the arrow in his hand.

Suddenly Jord grips the back of Evan's neck and lifts him up, causing Evan to gasp and drop his weapon.

Vlad looks at the arrow, steaming in his fingertips.

"I've been meddling with your family for centuries. Torturing, and killing them all in horrific manors. But, I feel like nothing would be a better punishment to Van Helsing, the one who took my Rosalie from me, than to have you serve as my minion for eternity."Vlad says softly.

Evan who was being held by his spine, tries to speak, or move at all but cannot. It makes Vlad chuckle.

"I can sense the fear filling your body. It makes me hungry, Van Helsing."Vlad says as Jord forces Evan onto his knees.

"Me too, Van Helsing."Shiloh says, inching closer.

"Me as well."Jord says.

Evan releases a small yelp as they all surround him.

.....

Melanie smiles, standing dazed in Vlad's large bedroom.

Her eyes were still Red, and she leans forward and backward.

Vlad enters the room, his mouth and neck coated with fresh blood.

Melanie couldn't see, she was too busy seeing the beauty of what was to come of her and Vlad. She had never experienced such bliss.

"Look at you, my love."Vlad says softly, cupping her cheeks.

"Vlad?"she says, looking towards him.

"Yes, it's me."he says as she wraps her arms around his waist.

"I love you."she says, her voice genuine.

"I love you too, Rosalie. More than anything."Vlad says before bringing his lips down to hers.

He kisses her passionately, the blood on his face transferring to hers as she kissed him back.

Vlad breaks the kiss and pulls her into a tight hug.

"Oh, how I've missed you."he says softly as she smiles against his chest.

She chuckles, hugging him tightly.

He runs his fingers along her neck, feeling the bite marks.

"I apologize for marking you in such a way. It was my mistake. Once I tasted your blood, I couldn't stop myself."

Her eyes open and her smile fades. The red in her eyes slowly fades back to hazel, and she blinks a few times.

"What."

She steps back and Vlad looks down at her, confused.

She sees the blood all over his face and gasps, then begins wiping her face seeing she was covered in blood as well.

She begins to whimper and look around.

"Rosalie, what is the matter my love?"Vlad asks, attempt to step closer.

She screams and then runs.

"Rosalie!"he calls after her.

...

Melanie screams as she runs out of the house, darting directly into the woods.

Jord bursts into the room where Vlad stood, still in shock.

"Vlad! What's happening she's getting away!"Jord says.

"She broke through the trance.."Vlad says, his eyes wide.

"No one has ever been able to break through. No one. Especially women."Vlad says, stumbling towards the front door that Melanie had left open.

He finds her beanie, it must've flown off her head as she was running.

He picks it up, bringing it to his chest and smiling.

"She's magnificent. Jord."he says, handing the hat towards him.

"Fetch."

Jord takes the hat and stuffs it into his face, taking a deep sniff, closing his eyes.

His eyes open and he releases his breath, his eyes glowing orange.