20

Jord and Even walk down the hall, headed to the garage.

Suddenly Vlad steps out before them and Evan jumps.

"Where did you come from? I didn't even smell you."Jord says.

"I-i almost hurt Melanie."Vlad says.

Jord's face drops and then he looks over to Evan.

"In the cellar, go pick one but clean up after yourself."Jord says, causing Evan to walk away.

"What happened?"

...

"Something is wrong. Off. I-ive never wanted to hurt Rosalie. Melanie is different."Vlad says.

"Just tell me what happened, maybe she did something wrong."Jord shrugs.

"She didn't do anything wrong. She was perfect, like a goddess. Everything about the sex was magical I just don't understand why I kept.. wanting to rip her throat out."

"Is it getting worse, Vlad?"Jord asks.

"Not now, but it will. Since tasting her blood I admit I've craved it desperately at some points, but it was easier to ignore because she wasn't here. But she is now. I don't want to hurt her Jord but I fear I might."

"Master, you're the strongest vampire in the world. Your love is the strongest in the world. You would never hurt Rosalie."Jord says.

"I'm starting to doubt that! I couldn't even finish I was so focused on her blood!"Vlad says.

"Well, maybe you should eat human and not vampire before sex."Jord suggests.

Then it clicks.

"Shiloh. Even from beyond the grave she mocks our love. "Vlad huffs.

"See? That must be the reason for your hunger. Maybe instead of a vengeful, spiteful bitch for lunch you could have a sweet librarian?"Jord says.

"I hope you're right."he huffs.

"I'm rarely wrong."Jord says, leaning back as he sees Evan come out of the cellar.

"If I can smell you, you didn't clean well enough."Jord says, causing Evan to stop and huff, turning back into the cellar.

...

Melanie

I sit quietly in the chair that sat before the window, overlooking the garden in the back yard.

I was wrapped in a robe, my mind still cloudy with lust and confusion.

Did I do something wrong?

What could've made him just get up and leave, no explanation?

I huff as I look out to the garden.

But suddenly I see Jord and Vlad walking out there, Vlad looking frantic.

I see Jord trying to calm him as he usually does, but Vlad was frantic nonetheless.

Oh god, maybe I did do something wrong? I stand and huff, folding my arms as I walk into the bathroom.

I sit on the edge of the tub, pulling out my phone.

I open my contact list, but then pause.

Who can I call?

If it's true, that all my life was planned and I have no true friends, who can I call?

My bottom lip begins to quiver and I sigh, putting my phone back into my pocket and then looking down at my feet.

All this to keep me away from Vlad? Why?

I can't seem to understand.

I hear the bedroom door open and I sit up.

"Melanie?"I hear Vlad's voice.

I stand, walking over to the door and then opening it slightly.

I see him standing there, looking down.

"I'm sorry for the way I left. I have to admit something, Melanie."he says softly.

I open the door a bit more, seeing his cheeks flush.

"Melanie, in no way is the way is the way I reacted your fault. I-i.."he lets of a frustrated sigh.

"I want your blood, Melanie."

"What?"I question softly.

"When we were making love, I couldn't focus because I wanted to bite you. I had to leave because I feared I wouldn't be able to control myself."he says.

I blush, looking at my hands.

"Well. I've read enough vampire romance novels to know this was coming."I say softly.

"I'm sorry, does it offend you?"he asks.

I smile a bit, looking at my hands.

"No. W-would it hurt...if you drank my blood?"I ask, looking up at him.

"Melanie, I couldn't."he says softly.

"...does it hurt?"I ask again.

"..it would, at first. But, the venom I secrete would turn it pain into a euphoric sensation."He says.

"Then...do you think if you drank my blood once every few weeks, you would be able to focus?"

....

Vlad was shocked. Seeing her standing there, his large bathrobe hanging from her small frame and her cheeks flushed as she awaits his answer patiently.

"... w-well I suppose, b-but-"

"Then, do it."she says, stepping closer.

"I couldn't, I couldn't do that to you I'm sorry."he says turning away.

"Why?"she asks.

Vlad doesn't respond for a bit.

"What if I can't stop? If I harmed you I don't know what I'd do."he says.

"...you wouldn't hurt me, Vlad. You promised me that. I forgave you for breaking one promise already."she says softly.

He lets out a soft sigh.

"...Vlad, I want you to be happy. Rosalie would want you to be happy. "She says.

He looks back at her.

"Okay."he says softly.

This makes her smile a bit, taking his hand.

"Okay."

...