16

I sit up, hearing the door open.

"I was looking for you, are you ready?"Vlad asks.

I don't answer, looking at my hands.

"Melanie? What's wrong?"Vlad asks, his hand coming to my shoulder.

I sigh as I turn towards me.

"Shiloh said something that bothered me this morning, Vlad."I say softly.

His eyes go angry and he huffs.

"Shiloh. What has she done? What did she say?"he asks angrily.

My face turns red and I get nervous.

"...p-promise me you won't h-hurt her... please, Vlad?"I stammer, fiddling with my shirt.

His eyes soften and he smiles.

"Oh, of course not. I wouldn't."he says, softly taking my hands and walking me to the bed where we sit.

"Tell me, what's troubling you?"he asks softly.

"...Vlad, how many doppelgangers have there been? H-how many have you..been with?"I ask softly.

"...oh..well.."he says, looking away.

I look up at him.

"Well, I've only really been with 5 of them. 3 of them had decided they wanted other things. 2 of them spent there lives with me until they passed."Vlad says, his cheeks flushing.

"Really?"I ask.

He nods.

"Were they happy?"I ask with a small smile.

He smiles as well, taking a deep breath.

He stands, walking over to a cabinet. He opens it, picking up two old looking books.

He blows the dust off the covers and then hands them to me.

I look at the two albums, reading the names.

Eliza, and Samara.

"What beautiful names."I say softly.

"Eliza, I first saw her in new Zealand. It was the same time I found Shiloh."He says, opening the book with her name on it.

"Wow."

Eliza was like me, but her hair was long, and red. Her eyes were green.

"She looks exactly like me."I say softly.

"Yeah. Her hair is the same color as yours too, but she liked the way it looked red."Vlad says sadly.

I look up, seeing him looking forlorn.

"Are you okay?"I ask softly.

He nods.

"I'm...going to go deal with Shiloh. If you will, just place the albums back when you're done."he says softly, standing.

"O-okay."I say softly before he exits the room.

...

"What could it possibly be now?"Shiloh huffs, walking alongside Jord as they walk towards Vlad's office.

"Most likely something to do with you."Jord says.

"Maybe if you weren't on his tip 24/7, suck up."Shiloh says.

"You wish you were on his tip 24/7."Jord says, opening the door for her like a gentleman.

"Sheep."She says, walking into the room.

"Whore."Jord says, entering after her.

They see Vlad standing by the window, a glass coated red on one side where he was drinking from.

"You called for us master?"Jord says.

Vlad takes a deep breath, holding it in for a few seconds and then turning around as he exhales.

"Jordan, do me a favor."Vlad says softly.

"Of course, what can I do for you?"

Vlad slowly looks over to Shiloh.

"I need you to be my hands, Jordan. Grab Shiloh by the throat and throw her to the ground."Vlad demands, causing Shiloh to get nervous.

Quickly, Jord grabs her throat and she shrieks as he throws her to the ground.

She whimpers as Vlad looks down at her.

"You've interfered with my love life for the final time, Shiloh."Vlad says angrily.

"Beat her."he demands.

Jord huffs.

"It's nothing personal, Shiloh."

.....