Nine

I run as fast as I can throw the woods, hoping to find a road or something.

I whimper, trying to avoid looking at my hands as I see them covered in the blood I wiped from my face.

I whimper out as I try finding my phone, but noticing everything I had on my person was gone.

No phone, airpods, keys, nothing. I'm empty.

Suddenly I feel something rush past me and I scream, falling down. I grunt as I hit the ground, the bite mark on my arm stinging.

I sit up, looking around and panting. I try to stand again, but something rushed past and knocks me over again.

"Ma'am."

I scream and look back, seeing the chauffeur.

"If you'd just follow me back to the house please."Jord says.

I whimper as I try to stand and run, but he ends up directly in front of me.

"Melanie, it would be easier for us both if you would simply let master explain."Jord says.

"You explain! What's happening!"I sob.

"You're the doppelganger of Rosalie Dracula, Vlad's late wife. Years ago she cast a spell creating a doppelganger every year on the same day, this has been going on way before you were born, but you're the nearest doppelganger so basically you belong to Vlad."Jord says.

"Dracula?"

"Oh, shite, I shouldn't have said that."Jord says as I begin to feel lightheaded.

....

I open my eyes, hearing footsteps. I look up, seeing the trees moving before me.

Then I see jord's face, and I realize he's carrying me bridal style.

I groan, my hands coming to my head.

"Are you feeling alright? You fainted."Jord says.

"Fainted?"I ask, looking forward.

I see the large house I had been in prior to this growing.

I gasp and sit up.

"No! Don't take me here! He's a monster!"I shout, squirming to try and get him to drop me.

"Melanie, Vlad isn't a monster. Just hear him out, I beg of you."Jord says rather soothingly.

My lips tremble and I step down from his arms, dusting myself off and then turning towards the house.

I walk in, seeing Vlad there waiting. His face was clean now.

"Rosalie.."he says stepping forward.

"Stop calling me that. What's going on here?"I ask, stepping away from him.

He huffs.

"My name is Vlad Dracula."he says.

"Like..the vampire?"I ask.

He nods.

"Yes. The oldest living, and king of them."

"And.. you're trying to keep me here, because I look like your dead wife?"I say.

"Not just that. It's the connection, don't you feel it?"he asks.

I could. It felt like I needed him there.

"The universe wants us together, Melanie."

My lips quiver as I unzip my jacket, letting it fall and displaying the bite marks I was covered in.

"This isn't what someone who loves me would do."I whimper.

His eyes glow red, and he waves his hand.

I gasp as I watch the bites begin to slowly disappear, and Vlad takes a few steps closer.

I look up at him, my frame shaking as I take a small step back.

"I could give you everything you've ever wanted. Anything."

His voice was deep, sexy.

I find myself leaning into him as his hand comes up and cups my cheek.

My eyes soften and my lips quiver.

I grip his hand, pulling it away from my face and causing his face to grow sad.

"You might be my romance novel man, but it doesn't stop you from being a blood sucking monster."I say quietly through my teeth.

I then push him away and his eyes turn angry.

"And you attacked my best friend, she could've died."

"We're meant to be together Rosalie!"he says.

"I'M NOT ROSALIE!"I scream at him.

"YOU DARE RAISE YOUR VOICE TO ME!"

His voice was so loud, and demonic that it makes me closer, covering my ears.

Instantly Jord appears before Vlad, a hand planted firmly on his chest.

"Breathe, Vlad."Jord demands.

"This is wrong, this is all wrong. She's supposed to know me-SHE'S SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME!"Vlad says angrily.

"Vlad you knew this could happen. There was bound to be one that isn't connected to Rosalie, and this is it."Jord says calmly as I slowly lift my head, blinking tears from my eyes.

I see Vlad running his fingers through his hair, calming himself.

He then begins to speak in a language I couldn't understand.

Jord responds, and they have a quick conversation before they both turn to me.

Jord clears his throat and then steps in front of Vlad.

"Master has decided to let you go home. Sleep on things."Jord says.

I wipe my nose, standing up straight. Jord steps over, opening the door for me.

"Melanie."Vlad says before I exit the house.

I turn and look at him.

He opens his hand and a small rose was on his palm.

His eyes glow red as it floats up from his palm and lands softly into mine. In awe of the magic, I look back at Vlad.

"Please. I need you."

My eyes soften again and I turn, exiting the house.

I hear the door close, and Jord jogs to catch up. He runs ahead and then opens the door of the limo for me.

"Melanie. This could be a major turning point in your life, you know."Jord says as I get into the car.

"I don't want to talk about it."I say.

"You always read those lovely vampire romance novels. Why not write one of your own?"Jord asks, looking down at me.

I don't answer and he nods.

"Think about it. I'll take you home."