23

"A trash shoot?! Really?! Was that necessary!?"I gripe as I walk into the bathroom.

Jord walks in as well, his nose plugged with tissues.

"I can assure you it was absolutely necessary. If he smelled you he would've taken you back to the Van Helsings."Jord says nasally.

.....

"Well then why wasn't I told it was a trash shoot!"Melanie asks.

"You would never have agreed if you knew."Jord says.

She huffs angrily.

"That's true."

"Why do the Van Helsings want me."she huffs, turning away from Jord and pulling her shirt over her head.

Jord instantly turns away.

"U-um, they know that they can't really kill Vlad. So, they strive to make his eternal life miserable."Jord says, looking at the floor.

"Why do they hate Vlad so much?"she asks, stepping into the shower, closing the sliding door.

"Well, they hate all vampires. Vlad is the first vampire to exist, therefore he's responsible for creating them all. He created other vampires, and those vampires created others. So on, so forth."Jord says, hearing the water turn on.

"What did vampires ever do to them?"she asks.

Jord glanced back, seeing the silhouette of her body through the glass. He looks away, his face turning red as he tries to formulate a response.

He looks back again and huffs.

"Lots of things, actually."he says.

"Why hold such a long grudge. Uhg."she says.

She awaits a response and doesn't get one. She looks over the glass door and sees that Jord had vanished.

She scoffs before turning towards the running water.

....

I walk out of the shower into the bedroom, still angry about being tossed down a trash shoot.

I use the corner of my towel to squeeze the excess water out of my short hair.

Suddenly something thuds to the ground and I jump, turning around.

I see a thick, old book laying on the floor before one of Vlad's many bookshelves.

I look around them empty room before walking over to the book.

I pick it up, noticing the slot it has fallen from. I simply place it back in the slot and then walk back towards the mirror.

But suddenly it thuds to the ground again and I jump, looking back.

I tighten my towel around myself, my nerves rising.

I see the book laying in the same position as before.

I walk over, picking up the book carefully. I try to place it back in the slot but something stops it from going in. I stand on my toes, looking into the dark slot.

Behind this book, stood a very old, very fragile looking diary.

I know this because it said so in big red letters on the spine

I carefully reach back into the shelf, my fingers being centimeters away.

I lift myself higher on my toes, my fingers finally touching the spine.

"RUN"

I jump, pulling the book out and turning around, feeling as if someone was speaking right into my ear.

I quickly run back to the bathroom, clutching the book. I enter and close the door, locking it.

I huff, finally looking down at the cover and reading it.

"Jurnalul lui Rosalie Dracula."

I didn't know what it read, but in the back of my head I hear a voice as clearly as day.

"The diary of Rosalie Dracula."

"Oh my god."I say softly.

I open the cover softly, brushing my fingers against the brown thick paper.

The first entry was from 1897, it was written in blood red ink, most likely a quill because of the indentations on the paper.

Beautiful cursive, in a language I couldn't read.

But in the back of my head I hear the voice again as I look at the words.

"the wint'rs in mine own village art becoming harsh.  M're and m're people falleth victim to the black death.  And many has't fallen victim to the mouth of a ravenous beast that runneth rampant in the wood. "

"my people art bitter cold, and fill'd with pangs of hunger.  But the present day, a sir and his council did approach.  That gent off'r'd mine own village refuge in his castle, and we w're all v'ry joyous f'r his gen'rosity. "

"the castle wast grand, and quite quaint.  The only one of t's kind in transylvania.  I had-

The entry stops there.

I flip the page to read on, but there was a knock on the door.

"Mel? Are you in there love?"I hear Vlad say.

I panic, standing and hiding the book under my towel.

"Yes! I'll be out in a moment!"I say.

I was confused. I look down at the book, reading the cover again. But this time there was no translation in the back of my head.

I huff, closing the book and tucking it into my towel as I approach the door.

I open it, seeing Vlad with a small smile.

"..sorry I threw you down a trash shoot.."he says.

I tilt my head at him and he lets off a nervous chuckle.

"I guess it's okay."I say softly.

"Um, would you like to accompany Jord and I to dinner?"he asks.

"I thought you didn't eat human food."I say.

"Its a restaurant that caters to everyone's needs."He says with an attractive smile.

I blush and smirk.

"Let me get ready."I say before closing the bathroom door.

.....