26

I sit in bed, my fingers thumbing over the pages of Rosalie's diary. I open it to the page where I left off.

Yet I couldn't understand the writing.

I huff, looking around.

I would be alone for a while, Jord says. He needed to drive Vlad somewhere.

It was just me and Evan here. Although, Evan seemed to avoid me at all costs.

I groan as I get up, walking towards the bookshelves in hopes to find a dictionary in the same language.

But then I pause, looking down at the diary in my hands.

I look around the room again before speaking softly.

"...Rosalie?"I say softly.

No response.

"Rosalie? I-i need help reading this. You helped me find it, I need to read it."I say softly.

Still nothing. I huff and roll my eyes walking back towards the bookshelves.

I find an English dictionary, and a few others. But no books on Romanian.

I begin to think about how on earth I could translate this book. And then I realized, I have a phone.

Where is my phone?

Why did I just now realize I didn't have it?

Where is my phone!?

Suddenly I hear something thump to the ground, and I jump.

I look back, seeing a book on the ground, fallen from one of the shelves.

Then, I watch as another book, closer to the door begins to slide out of it's slot, and then thump to the ground as well.

Then the door opens slowly, and I gasp.

"Rosalie?"I say softly.

It's silent for a bit.

But in the distance I begin to hear a woman humming. It was echoey, and quiet, but I could hear it clearly.

Like it was calling to me.

I hug the diary to my chest and swallow down hard as I begin walking after the humming.

I walk out of the room, listening carefully to where the humming was coming from.

I look around, before hearing something thump to the ground to my right.

I look over, seeing a bowl of fake fruit laying on the ground.

I huff as I walk towards it, quickly picking the fruit up and placing it back in the bowl.

But as I reach for the green apple it rolls away from me.

I stand up, following it as it continues to roll down the hall.

It comes to a stop at the staircase, but then it rolls on and goes down the stairs.

I quickly follow it and it comes to a stop at the stair base.

I hear the humming again, coming from the kitchen.

I do a small jog to the kitchen, where I see several items on the ground, rolling towards the door that led to the back yard.

"Are you trying to show me something?"I ask softly.

Nothing happens for a short while.

But then the door clicks open. My breathing hitches as I walk to the door, gripping the knob.