22

I walk hand in hand with Vlad as we head towards the car garage.

"Anything? Anything I want? No matter what it is or the price?"I ask, still in shock from the conversation we had earlier.

"Yes, anything you want Melanie."Vlad chuckles.

Suddenly Jord rushed into the hall, blocking the door before we could get there.

"Jord? What's the meaning of this?"Vlad asks as Jord looks at me.

"Um, theres a dog outside."Jord says, making Vlad's eyebrows raise.

"A dog?"Vlad asks.

Jord nods.

"A dog, dog?"

Jord nods again.

Vlad huffs deeply and then turns to me.

"Darling, would you find Evan, and tell him there is a dog outside?"Vlad asks.

"Of course."I say softly.

"He should be in the library."Jord says.

I turn around and walk back down the hall, hearing panicked whispering begin as I do.

....

A man with thick curly hair stands about 35 feet from Vlad's mansion.

Smiling as he watches the door open through his sunglasses.

Jord exits the house, walking towards the man.

"..hi Joe."Jord says.

"Hello Jordan."Joe smiles.

"Can I ask what it is you're doing here?"Jord asks.

"Well, my superiors have noticed that two of our agents, and the doppelganger here in town they were in charge of have simply vanished."he says, taking off his sunglasses.

"Interesting. We were unaware of any of this, so why are you here, again?"Jord asks.

"You see, I visited her home. She must've been very sick before she left. Your masters scent was everywhere."Johnathan smiles.

"Well that's very interesting, because there are no doppelgangers here as you can see."Jord says.

"My employers are after the doppelganger. I'm after the vermin."

This makes Jord chuckle.

"Vermin? Us?"

"Where is Dracula?"Joe asks.

"The most powerful vampire in the world? Hm, I haven't the slightest."Jord shrugs.

"Dracula doesn't scare me, Jordan. Besides, I just want to talk."

Suddenly there was a strong wind, and thick grey clouds roll in over the sun.

"Oh boy. Quite the entourage, hm."Joe says quietly as Jord steps back, hearing the flap of a thousand sets of wings.

From above, a swarm of bats swoops down before them both, spiraling into a tornado like formation.

But suddenly, they disperse, flying away. And there stood Vlad, in the middle of them both.

"Wow. Is that really you, Vlad?"Joe asks with a smile.

"What are you doing here, Johnathan?"Vlad asks.

"That was a little intimidating. Good job. Where are my agents and their doppelganger."Joe asks, chuckling.

Vlad was unamused.

"Leave."he demands.

"No."Joe says.

There was a silence, other than the sound of Jord's nerves rising.

"Do not make me ask again."Vlad says, looking deep into Johnathan's eyes.

After a moment, Joe lets out an animalistic sounding grunt, snarling.

"I'll be back."he says, turning away.

"And when you do, you die."Vlad says in a serious tone, watching him walk away.

Vlad turns back, looking up at the two bats circling in the sky.

Then the bats begin to follow after Joe.

"I hate those creatures."Vlad says, walking back towards the house.

"We need to leave Vlad, if they send him in you know they mean business."Jord says.

"The Van Helsing's are scum, and I'm tired of playing friendly with them."Vlad says.

"Massacring them for centuries was playing friendly?"Jord asks, making Vlad scoff as he angrily enters the house.

"That was basically mercy."

....

Melanie

I squint as the large cover was pulled off of the tube.

"The dog is gone!"Evan calls down the shaft.

"YOU TELL VLAD IM GONNA KICK HIS ASS FOR THROWING ME DOWN HERE!"I shout.

"We had to be sure he couldn't smell you!"Evan calls down.

"Oh yeah THROWING ME INTO A GARBAGE SHOOT WILL WORK!"

...

I angrily stomp down the hall towards where Vlad and Jord were.

Upon me entering the room, Jord instantly covers his nose.

"Uhg!"he says.

"Why did you throw me down a garbage shoot!"I shout at Vlad, stepping closer to him.

He steps back as I walk towards him.

"W-well, actually I wasn't the one who threw you down there darling it was Evan."He says.

"But you told him to!"i say.

"I'm gonna be sick."Jord says before falling to the ground behind the couch.

"And it worked! If Jord can't smell you neither can the dog!"Vlad says, holding his arms up in defense.

"WHY SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT A STUPID DOG!?"I shout.

"It was a werewolf, darling."

I turn, seeing a man standing in the doorway.

He was tall, athletic. Dressed in a torn denim jacket with black jeans. And his hair was spiked up into a tall mohawk.

He then points to himself.

"Like me. You sent for me master?"he says with a sharp toothed smile.

"Um, Jord. Take Mel and get her cleaned up please."Vlad demands.

"Gah, don't make me."Jord groans.

"Now, Jordan."Vlad says as Jord slowly stands.

"This is not over! I'm pissed!"I say, pointing menacingly at Vlad before walking out of the room.

"Sheesh."the Mohawk man says as I exit the room.

...

"If she's mad about trash imagine what would've happened if she found out you couldn't stop."Jord says, speaking nasally as he pinched his nose closed.

"Not now. Go with her."Vlad demands.

Jord groans nasally before walking after her.

Vlad points to the man with the Mohawk.

"I have a job for you, kip."

.....