27

Jord huffs, walking under an umbrella towards the house.

He opens the door and enters, turning and then closing the umbrella outside the door.

"Melanie!"he calls before closing the door, hanging it on the wall to dry.

He looks around as he takes off his jacket.

"Melanie! Hey!"he shouts.

He begins sniffing the air, his ears changing to points and his eyes turning orange.

He didn't smell her.

Instant panic.

He runs towards where he smelt Evan, using his vampire speed to seemingly just appear there.

He arrives so fast that the wind nearly blows Evan to the ground.

"Jesus Christ."Evan says.

"Where is Melanie?"Jord growls at him.

"I-i don't know, I figured she would just st-stay in the room."Evan says, fearful.

"You're supposed to be watching her you imbecile, isn't that what Vlad told you to do?"Jord asks.

"W-well, yes. B-but- I just-"

"NO ONE HERE IS JOBLESS, VAN HELSING SPAWN!"Jord shouts at Evan, causing him to wince.

"She's gone. Not in the house anymore. And when Vlad finds out, your heart is going to be ripped from your body."Jord says before grabbing the back of Evans neck, pulling him out of the room and down the hall to where Melanie last was.

He opens the door and then forces Evan down and to look in.

"See."Jord demands.

"I-i can't."Even says.

Jord strikes Evan in the back of his head and he whines.

"I said see. If your eyes don't become useful in the next 60 seconds, I'll jab my thumbs into them."Jord threatens.

Evan whimpers as he starts forcing his power.

His eye whites become red slowly and he starts to grunt in pain as tears of blood begins to roll down his cheeks.

He begins to see the shape of Melanie, walking around with a book.

"S-she had a book. "Evan whines.

"Is that all you see?"Jord asks.

Evans hands shake and he watches as she walks over to the bookshelves. She pauses and then says something.

Waits for a bit, and then she looks over to the door.

It opens by itself.

"G-ghost. She was following..Sh-she-"he grunts as he turns his head towards the stairs.

"Sh-she- went outside, through the kitchen door."

Jord drops Evan and he groans, instantly covers his bleeding eyes.

"You'd better hope I find her, or it's your ass."Jord says.

...

Melanie

I walk with Edwin down the twisty stairwell.

"What is this place?"I ask.

"I don't know Miss Rose. I'm only permitted to the kitchen, and my dwellings. "he says.

The faint screaming was growing louder as we reach the base of the stairs.

"Why are you looking for Vlad?"Edwin asks.