37

Evan sighs, looking at his watch again.

"I need to be getting back soon, if you're going to wake up now would be the time."Evan says, panicked.

Jord's greying body doesn't respond, and Evan sighs, standing.

He turns and begins to walk back towards the house.

"...what?"

Evan instantly pauses and turns around.

Jord suddenly takes a deep breath, and then hisses.

"....why am I not dead..?"

"Um, the vervain."Evan says as Jord looks at the arrow in his chest.

"...I was dead. Again."he says, breathless.

"The vervain in the tip of the bolt stopped you're heart. You did die, but it's the same as when you have you're neck broken and you regenerate."Evan explains.

"...this one..hurt.."Jord breathes.

"7 milliliters of vervain directly into the heart of a vampire will do that."Evan sighs.

"....why are you helping me?"Jord questions as Evan stands, walking over and tightly gripping the arrow in Jord's Jord's chest, placing his foot on Jord's shoulder.

He then quickly yanks the arrow from Jord's chest.

Jord screams loudly and then grunts as he falls forward.

"Because I'm scared Vlad is going to hurt Melanie. And i-i can't help her without you. You guys are connected, spiritually."Evan says.

"... Vlad is unbeatable...uhg, it still hurts."Vlad says, putting his hand on his chest.

"Yeah, and I'm gonna have to shoot you again."Evan says.

"Why?!"Jord says.

"Not in the heart, just in the arm. Vlad asked for you dead."Evan says.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you."Jord breathes.

"Four of these darts directly into Vlad's chest can knock him for a while. That's all the time the Van Helsing's need to contain him. Forever."Ethan says.

"...spy..y-you were hoping to get turned."Jord says.

"I just want to save my friend now. I don't care about Vlad. She'll never be safe with him out there."Evan explains.

"How sure are you that you can do this?"Jord asks.

"I'm not sure at all. But I'm willing to try. Are you? For Melanie?"

Jord takes a few deep breaths before looking up at Evan.

"He's gonna kill us both if we fail."Jord says.

"...I know."Evan says.

Jord sighs, looking back down at the ground.

"Fuck it."

......

Vlad smiles, looking out the bedroom window as the sun sets.

He turns to walk towards the door, planning to address the newly formed hive.

"Where are you going?"

He turns back, seeing Melanie in his bed, the red sheets nearly slipping from her naked body as she looks at Vlad with lust filled eyes.

"To address the horde."Vlad says, leaning down and picking up his robe.

He looks up, seeing she had vanished from the bed.

He smirks as he feels her long fingernails along his back, softly dragging upwards.

"I think you should stay."she says before pressing a kiss at the top of his spine.

"Really?"he smirks as her hands slip beneath his arms to his muscular torso, her fingers mapping his ab muscles and tracing lines up to his chest.

"Yes, very much so."Melanie says seductively, pressing her breasts to his back as her hands explore his body.

"I love how you love me, Melanie."he smirks, watching her fingers trace shapes on his stomach.

She hums, happy as she lays her ear against his muscular back as her hands travel down to his boxer briefs.

Vlad grips her wrists and smirks.

"Easy there. Wouldn't want to be late."he says as she slowly slips her arms out from under his.

She huffs, walking over to the bed with her arms crossed.

"I don't like when you leave."she says, looking down.

"I know. It's only a short time, my love. Soon we'll be going for the Van Helsings. The children need my teaching."he says, lightly brushing his fingers lightly against her jugular vein.

She smiles, leaning against his touch as thinks of a manipulative plan.

"You said my blood was delicious as a human."she smirks, leaning her head to the side.

"Does it taste the same as a vampire?"

He chuckles as he leans forward, pressing a kiss to her jugular.

"I can assure you it tastes quite the same."he says against her neck, causing her to wrap her arms around the back of his neck.

His hands caress her waist and slowly move up to her bare breasts.

She hums in content as he presses soft kisses against her neck, groping her breasts as she plays with his hair, her eyes closing.

"I'm going to eat you alive when I return."he says softly before she suddenly feels his hands and lips disappear.

"Vlad?"she turns back, finding herself alone in the room.

"Uhg."she says, picking up one of Vlad's shirts and slipping it on over her body.

She then walks out of the room, looking down the halls before heading to the kitchen.

.....