Ten

I run into my house, looking for Evan.

"Evan!?"I call, crying.

I walk into his room, seeing open suitcases all over the place.

"Evan where are you?"I ask.

I find a number of strange books in his suitcases and I groan. I pick them up, reading the covers.

I find a tattered, sealed envelope that was wrapped in protective plastic. And for some reason, I felt as if I needed to open it.

I put the books down and pick up the delicate looking letter.

I open the protective plastic and pull the old letter out.

I unfold it, seeing ancient looking writing. In a language I had never read.

But one thing I could read was the signature.

Rosalie?

I gasp, sitting the letter down.

What's this doing in Evan's things?

I continue to search for him, being unsuccessful.

I huff, having to be alone.

....

I watch the blood spiral down the drain as I wash it from my body.

It felt like I was doing this too often as of late, washing blood away.

My hands run over my body where the bite marks once were. Small scars now. Vlad's words kept bouncing around in my head.

My mind reverts to the emotion on his face. He seemed so absolutely distraught.

If Rosalie is such a big deal to him, why didn't he change her?

I hear a loud knocking sound and I jump. I quickly turn off the shower and grab my robe, stepping out.

I tie my robe closed and walk out of the bathroom, picking up an umbrella for defense.

I look out the window, not seeing anyone. Then I walk over to the door, unlocking it.

I pull it open and I see Jord standing there. I gasp, trying to close the door but not being able to.

I look down, seeing his foot in the door.

"Ouch."he says.

"What do you want? Leave me alone!"I say.

"Vlad was just wondering if you had made a decision yet?"Jord asks.

"Tell him to leave me alone too!"I say.

This makes him huff.

"Well then I have to tell you that Vlad has your friend Ethan, and he won't release him till he speaks to you."Jord says.

My heart drops and I open the door.

"What are you talking about?"I ask.

"Vlad is keeping him locked in a bedroom. He'll let him go after you two speak."

Tears well in my eyes.

"Are you kidding me?"I ask, whimpering.

"Afraid not, Mel."

I stomp my foot and then walk off towards my bedroom to get dressed, leaving the door open for him to enter.

...