32

Melanie and Jord laugh, running around in the flowery fields in the woods.

Enjoying the feeling of being alive, and breathing.

"Oh Edwin, I'd forgotten what it was like to be in your arms."Melanie says, pulling Jord close to her and making him smile.

"I know I sat dormant in that case for so long, but I never forgot our song. I played it day after day, hoping you would hear."he says, cupping her cheeks.

Melanie smiles, kissing Jord's lips softly.

"Should we stay here, Edwin? Stay like this?"she asks.

He chuckles.

"These aren't our bodies, Rose. These bodies have lives of their own. And with us here, it poses danger to them. From Vlad, do you understand?"he asks.

"But, it feels so good to touch your face. And for you to touch mine."she smiles, hopeful.

"It feels good touching this face, yes. But this face isn't yours. Trust me my love. Once we're free, all of our dreams will come true."he says softly, winning her over.

She smiles, love drunk.

"Okay. And what of that?"she asks, nodding back.

Edwin looks back at the dark storm clouds rolling towards them.

Vlad.

Jord shrugs.

"We shan't have to worry about him after. He'll never find us again."Jord says, smiling as he pulls her along.

.....

"SEE!"Vlad demands, gripping the back of Evans neck and forcing him to look at the floor.

"I-i'm trying..i-i can't see them!"Evan whines.

"If you don't hurry you're of no use to me you VERMIN!"Vlad shouts.

Evan begins sobbing and Vlad groans in disgust, shoving Evan away.

He walks out the back door and heads toward the edge of the woods, approaching the unlabeled shallow ground.

He stomps on the ground angrily.

"Wake up!"he shouts.

Nothing.

He stomps again, and the ground shakes.

"I am your master, and I command you to GET UP!"

After a few moments, the soil begins to turn.

Vlad smiles evilly as slowly, a hand with long, sharp fingernails begins to surface.

Vlad takes off his jacket, rolling up his sleeve as eventually, a ghoulish looking Shiloh digs herself up from the grave.

Vlad uses his sharp fangs to slice deep into his wrist, and then presses the gushing wound to Shiloh's lips.

She instantly begins drinking his blood, Vlad hissing and gripping her hair as she sinks her fangs into his arm.

Her face becomes full again, and she regains her color while still hungrily gnawing at Vlad's writst.

"Enough."Vlad demands, yanking his arm away from her mouth and causing her to fall forward and groan.

"Thank you master.."she says, her voice strained.

"I want you to kill Melanie."

Instantly Shiloh's head snaps up.

"Really? I can?"she says.

Vlad pulls the diary from his back pocket.

"Find her. Kill her. And bring the soul that escapes back to me in this book."he says, he demands.

She laughs, quickly digging herself up the rest of the way and jumping from her grave.

"I'll do it with most haste master."she smirks, taking the book from him.

"Do as I say, and I'll bring you back for real."he says as Shiloh chuckles, walking into the woods.

"Then I'll be right back."

......