16. Handyman

Having a cheating ex who would do anything to get back together meant she was able to get many of her chores done.

Needed a new light fixture fixed? Call Heath. Needed to unpack the groceries? Bring Heath's ass over. Dinner? Heath. Unload the dishes and clean? Heath.

Handyman Heath was a wonderful use of her time, and he seemed unable to resist her neverending requests.

"Where do you want me to start, hayati?" Standing in a pair of old cargo trousers and an oversized tee that he wasn't bothered about getting dirty. She stood in her fluffy animal slippers and a cream sleeping gown, holding onto a cup of tea in her hands.

"In the living room. I decided I want the lighter shade to be in there, I'll be able to decorate more freely that way."

"Sure thing. Lead the way." She didn't need to lead the way, after all he knew the place better than anyone else did.

His darker eyes fell onto the outline of her curves as she swayed her hips and walked inside the room. Mona El-Issa was full bodied, and everything he liked in a woman. She had these hips that flared out, thick thighs and a big jiggly ass to match. She had always been insecure about her bigger chest, not feeling very confident in tops that exposed a lots. But her body shape came from her mother's and her mother's mother and therefore, it was one she saw in her village often.

In her culture, her full body was normal there whereas, in the small countryside, looks were picked apart by housewives regularly. She was sure she had been the talk of a few conversations.

Her body came with a slightly pudgy stomach, which was expected since she didn't work out. Well, ever.

She was also the only person of colour in her little community, she was reminded of being an outsider every time she kindly greeted her neighbours.

In the beginning, she used to make traditional home cooked meals and invite any neighbour in the nearby farm over. Of course, no one would show up and after hours of waiting, Heath would eventually help her put away the leftovers and comfort her.

Waiting for him to put the pots down, she took a casual sip of her drink.

Her makeup free face showed off her unique features, despite the genetic bags around her eyes- she had an oval shaped face, almond eyes with the longest thick black lashes, and rosy lips that were rather full in nature. Her curls looked straight today as her hair was pulled back in a low bun, parted in the middle.

He defied the urge to duck his head down to press a kiss on those lips, finding it hard not to when she was as pretty as she was.

On the other hand, he held two buckets of heavy paint in his hands, walking towards the living room which had old sheets and towels covering the floor and miscellaneous items.

Otto started to jump in excitement, making him crouch down to greet his dog.

"Otto! Not in the paint!" He heard her shout nervously behind them, delivering him with a hard look.

The older man sighed, motioning the dog to move away from him.

"He's just saying hi to me, you don't always have to be like that."

At his testy comment, she held back a scoff. "Yeah well, you two don't exactly play nice together. He can say hi to you when there's not gallons of paint everywhere, sue me for caring about the expensive floors."

Already they were bickering and the job hadn't even begun yet.

"Mommy's mean to me, huh, boy? Isn't that right?" He started to talk in a tone that was causing the dog to bark loudly and try to run towards him.