Chapter 12: GRACELYNN POV

This cannot be happening. There is no way that Ash is here. It's not possible that he may have won the bet. I hurried over to Simon, hoping that he would take me to the Gold Room. By the way he was scowling, I did not think that would be happening. I grabbed his hand and leaned in to kiss his cheek.

"I don't get you tonight, sweetheart," Simon said.

Shoes clicked across the floor. I recognized the smell of the rich cologne. I did not need to turn to know who was standing behind me. Simon looked up at Ash. He finished his drink and slammed it down on the table.

"I'll assume you were the one who beat me," Simon said.

"I am," Ash said.

I jumped when his hand touched my waist. I swatted his hand away and took a step to the side. Gio would fire me if I refused to have sex with Ash. Where am I supposed to go after this? My resume was far from impressive. It was either do this or flip burgers for the rest of my life. I could not support Chris and me on minimum wage.

I turned to see Ash staring at me. My heart fluttered as I looked in his eyes and he smiled softly.

I could do this.

I do this three times a week.

Ash should be no different.

"Grace-" Ash started to say.

My eyes went wide as he started to say my name. No one here could know it. I grabbed his arm.

"Let's go," I cut him off.

I pulled Ash to the Gold Room. I walked as fast as my heels allowed and dragged Ash behind me. I pulled the curtain back, and Danny was standing in the corner. I let go of Ash and pointed at the couch. He looked over at Danny before taking a seat.

"Grace-" he started to say again.

I held my hand up to silence him. Would he ever stop saying my name? I needed to keep my identity a secret. I looked over my shoulder at Danny. He had not moved. His large arms crossed over his chest, and was watching Ash.

"Can you give us a minute, Danny?" I asked.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes."

He pointed his finger at Ash.

"You better not give me a reason to have to come back in here," he said. He looked back at me. "Call out if you need me."

I nodded. Danny glared at Ash as he walked out of the room. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Ash moved to stand, but I held my hand again to stop him. He leaned back on the couch and stretched his arm across the back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I am not a waitress."

"Clearly."

I put my hand on my hip. Closer, I could see that it was an expensive suit he was wearing. His shiny watch that was poking out from the sleeve caught my attention.

"How much did you pay?" I asked.

"For what?" he asked.

I pointed my finger in the air and gestured around the room. He smiled and ran his hand along his jaw.

"Fifty thousand," he said.

I bit down on my cheek to stop my jaw from hanging open. I do not think that anyone has ever paid that much for a girl before. Gio would fire me if Ash left unhappy. Danny kicking him out of The Cave would do nothing good for me.