Chapter 20: GRACELYNN POV

I smiled when I entered the club for the first time since starting at The Cave. The music was pounding in my ears. They were playing the deep rhythmic songs I would never have to listen to again. No disgusting man's hands would ever be roaming and grabbing my body again. I would no longer need to sell myself to support myself and Chris.

I lingered by the dressing room door for a moment. Should I say goodbye to Ruby? I still had to tell her that I was quitting. She was the only thing that I would miss about the club. She probably wondered where I was because our shift started thirty minutes ago.

I shook my head as I walked down the hall to Gio's office. My hands were shaking when I knocked on Gio's door. I did not wait for his response before opening the door. He was sitting behind his desk, and Diamond was sitting on top of the desk. She had on her black and gold lingerie. She crossed her legs and smirked when she looked at me. Thank God I did not open the door and catch the two of them fucking each other.

Gio's eyes scanned my body. I was in a pair of jeans and a hoodie. It was the opposite of the lingerie I would wear on stage, which was supposed to be in twenty minutes. He raised a brow.

"I need to talk to you," I said.

"About what?" he asked.

I looked over at Diamond to see she still had that stupid smirk on her face. I did not need her involved in any aspect of my personal life.

"Can we talk in private?" I asked.

"I'm not leaving," Diamond said.

"You don't have to," Gio said.

I rolled my eyes before I let out a deep breath.

This was it. I was finally getting out of this place. I had been dreaming about this moment ever since I started. There was no coming back once I quit.

"What do you want, Emerald?" Gio asked.

"I quit," I said. "I don't want to work here anymore."

Gio scowled. My heart was pounding, but I kept a straight posture and smile on my lips. There was no way I would crumple under his stare, especially in front of Diamond.

"No," Gio said. "Now, get ready."

"What?" I asked.

"You heard me," Gio said. "You are not quitting."

I furrowed my brows and shook my head.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "I am done working here."

Diamond reached out and put her hand on Gio's shoulder. She flipped a piece of hair over her shoulder before looking at me.

"Let her go," she said. "You can get someone better."

"I have better numbers than you," I snapped.

"Exactly," Gio said.

Fuck.

I am such an idiot. Why could I not keep my mouth shut?

"You bring me in a lot of money, Emerald," Gio said. "Fifty thousand plus tips the other night for one dance. That is a record."

Ash was supposed to be why I got out of this club, not why I will be stuck here.

"You can't make me stay here," I said.

Gio shrugged Diamond's hand off his shoulder. He leaned forward, placing his elbows on the desk. His eyes were cold as he glared.

"I can't make you stay here?" he asked. "Emerald, I can make you do whatever I want."