Chapter 13: ASH POV

Jace was going to kill me. He may have never killed anyone, but I would be his first victim. He was either going to behead me or stab me repeatedly. It was not going to be pretty.

I took The Phantom's regular girl away from him. He was in a bidding war with me, and I made that bold move to double the bet. There was no way that he was going to tell us anything about Diablo's Heart now.

I put my hands on Gracelynn's hips, and I struggled not to grab her ass. I wanted to stay in this room with her for hours, but if I had any chance of getting Diablo's Heart, I knew what I had to do.

"Bring me to him," I said.

Gracelynn furrowed her brows. Her red-painted lips parted slightly. God, I wanted to kiss them.

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"I need you to bring me to The Phantom," I said. "I need to talk to him."

"About what?"

"He knows about something I need to know."

Gracelynn smiled and cocked her head to the side.

"What is it?" she asked.

"This is something you don't need to know," I said.

"I won't take you to Simon unless you tell. Trust me, he'll be fuming. He won't want to talk to you."

I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. The longer we stayed here, the more I lost my chance at knowing about Diablo's Heart. Gracelynn continued to watch me with a glint of curiosity in her eye. She was my key to The Phantom.

"He knows about a gem that I want," I said.

Her smile grew wider.

"What kind of gem?" she asked.

"I don't know much about it," I said. "I just know it is worth a lot."

Gracelynn chewed on her bottom lip for a moment. Was she not going to take me to The Phantom? She was quiet. The music was pounding from deeper in the club as another girl must be on the stage. She was not looking at me as she appeared deep in thought. I ran my hands up to her side and brought her back to reality.

"I want to help," she said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

I raised a brow. That was not what I expected her to say. She wasn't the good Christian girl that I thought she was, but she was not a thief. I doubted she had ever stolen anything.

"No," I said. "This isn't for you."

"Not for me?" She put her hand on my chest. "Why would it not be for me?"

"Because you're a good girl."

Gracelynn's smile turned into a smirk. She dragged her fingers up to my shoulder. She arched her back as she leaned forward to push her breasts against my chest. My breath caught in my throat when I got a smell of her sweet perfume.

Her warm body was pressed against me. She brought her lips close to my ear. She let out a little giggle.

"I'm a good girl?" she asked. "What makes you think that?"

Before I could answer, Gracelynn pulled away. She held out her hand and a silver watch dangled from her fingers. My jaw dropped when I saw the ring of blue that was around the face. I looked down at my wrist to see that it was bare.

"Is this yours?" she asked before winking.

She climbed off my lap. I grabbed the watch from her and fastened it back around my wrist. No one has ever stolen from me before. I took a deep breath, trying to fix the fact that I was hard from having her gorgeous body on top of mine.